1) I like when he took off his own rabbit foot to kiss it for good luck.
2) It's a little eerie Oswald and...whatever the other animals are...resemble blackface stereotypes. What with the exaggerated white around the eyes and lips. I'd never made that connection with early Mickey Mouse, but if Oswald's the precursor to him and it seems obvious of Oswald...that's pretty messed up.
1) I like when he took off his own rabbit foot to kiss it for good luck.
ReplyDelete2) It's a little eerie Oswald and...whatever the other animals are...resemble blackface stereotypes. What with the exaggerated white around the eyes and lips. I'd never made that connection with early Mickey Mouse, but if Oswald's the precursor to him and it seems obvious of Oswald...that's pretty messed up.
1) i lol'd. also like when he's dusting with his detached tail.
ReplyDelete2) hm. never noticed that. i figured it was just simplistic character design, but you may have something there.