Damn, but I just remembered how much I liked him in The People vs. Larry Flynt, too. Which is also the movie that made me take notice of Edward Norton.
Ladies and gentlemen, as Exhibit A I enter into evidence Woody Harrelson's post-Cheers IMDB credits.
Allow me to draw particular attention to Money Train, The Cowboy Way and a 7-episode stint on Will and Grace. ;)
# The Messenger (2009/I) .... Anthony 'Tony' Stone # Seven Pounds (2008) .... Ezra Turner # Management (2008) .... Jango # Surfer, Dude (2008) .... Jack Mayweather # Semi-Pro (2008) .... Monix # Sleepwalking (2008) .... Randall # Transsiberian (2008) .... Roy # Battle in Seattle (2007) .... Dale # The Grand (2007) .... One Eyed Jack Faro # No Country for Old Men (2007) .... Carson Wells # The Walker (2007) .... Carter Page III # A Scanner Darkly (2006) .... Ernie Luckman # Free Jimmy (2006) (voice: English version) .... Roy Arnie ... aka Slipp Jimmy fri (Norway) # A Prairie Home Companion (2006) .... Dusty # The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio (2005) .... Kelly Ryan # North Country (2005) .... Bill White # The Big White (2005) .... Raymond ... aka Auch Morden will gelernt sein (Germany: TV title) ... aka Auch morden will gelernt sein (Germany: TV title) ... aka Le grand blanc (Canada: French title) ... aka The big White - Immer Ärger mit Raymond (Germany) # After the Sunset (2004) .... Stan Lloyd # She Hate Me (2004) .... Leland Powell # Anger Management (2003) .... Galaxia / Security Guard Gary # Scorched (2003/I) .... Jason 'Woods' Valley # "Will & Grace" .... Nathan (7 episodes, 2001) - The Rules of Engagement (2001) TV episode .... Nathan - Loose Lips Sink Relationships (2001) TV episode .... Nathan - Past and Presents (2001) TV episode .... Nathan - The Third Wheel Gets the Grace (2001) TV episode .... Nathan - Sons and Lovers (2001) TV episode .... Nathan (2 more) # American Saint (2001) .... Woody as Himself
# Play It to the Bone (1999) .... Vince Boudreau ... aka Play It (USA: promotional title) # Edtv (1999) .... Ray Pekurny ... aka Ed TV (USA: poster title) # "Frasier" .... Woody Boyd (1 episode, 1999) - The Show Where Woody Shows Up (1999) TV episode .... Woody Boyd # The Hi-Lo Country (1998) .... Big Boy Matson ... aka Hi-Lo Country - Im Land der letzten Cowboys (Germany: TV title) # The Thin Red Line (1998) .... Sgt. Keck # "Ellen" .... Henry (1 episode, 1998) ... aka "These Friends of Mine" (USA: first season title) - Ellen: A Hollywood Tribute: Part 2 (1998) TV episode .... Henry # Palmetto (1998) .... Harry Barber ... aka Dumme sterben nicht aus # Wag the Dog (1997) .... Sergeant William Schumann # Welcome to Sarajevo (1997) .... Flynn # "Spin City" .... Tommy Dugan (1 episode, 1996) - Meet Tommy Dugan (1996) TV episode .... Tommy Dugan # The People vs. Larry Flynt (1996) .... Larry Flynt ... aka Larry Flynt (Canada: French title) # Kingpin (1996) .... Roy Munson # The Sunchaser (1996) .... Dr. Michael Reynolds # Money Train (1995) .... Charlie # "The Simpsons" .... Woody Boyd (1 episode, 1994) - Fear of Flying (1994) TV episode (voice) .... Woody Boyd # Natural Born Killers (1994) .... Mickey Knox # The Cowboy Way (1994) .... Pepper Lewis # I'll Do Anything (1994) .... Ground Zero Hero
Kingpin is a silly, toilet-humor comedy, but also a pretty funny, toilet-humor comedy. I wouldn't say it's high cinema, but it's one of the better comedies I've seen.
My estimation might change if I ever see it NOT under the influence of marijuana, but for now, I'll defend it.
Watched the redband trailer for this the other day (has it been posted? it should be posted) and it's still looking fun.
ReplyDeleteWill go watch these shorts presently.
Did I say "butt mud?"
ReplyDeleteI have decided Woody Harrelson is officially cool again. Maybe for the first time since Cheers.
Something else I learned: the lead kid in this is not, in fact, Michael Cera. Totally thought it was him.
Maybe for the first time since Cheers.
ReplyDeleteWat? You're high.
>>Wat? You're high.
ReplyDeleteBig Money Train fan?
;)
To be fair, I just remembered he was pretty rockin' in his small role in No Country For Old Men.
a) woody harrelson has always been awesome, dave. stop smoking so much crack, homefry, so that you may see the way, the truth, and the light. ;)
ReplyDeleteb) i believe the second gent may be a micheal cera impersonator.
c) woody harrelson makes a party in my pants.
Unless you own a copy of Money Train I call shenanigans.
ReplyDeleteDamn, but I just remembered how much I liked him in The People vs. Larry Flynt, too. Which is also the movie that made me take notice of Edward Norton.
ReplyDeleteHmm.
It may be...
That in some secret, subconscious way...
I have a Woody woody.
Ladies and gentlemen, as Exhibit A I enter into evidence Woody Harrelson's post-Cheers IMDB credits.
ReplyDeleteAllow me to draw particular attention to Money Train, The Cowboy Way and a 7-episode stint on Will and Grace. ;)
# The Messenger (2009/I) .... Anthony 'Tony' Stone
# Seven Pounds (2008) .... Ezra Turner
# Management (2008) .... Jango
# Surfer, Dude (2008) .... Jack Mayweather
# Semi-Pro (2008) .... Monix
# Sleepwalking (2008) .... Randall
# Transsiberian (2008) .... Roy
# Battle in Seattle (2007) .... Dale
# The Grand (2007) .... One Eyed Jack Faro
# No Country for Old Men (2007) .... Carson Wells
# The Walker (2007) .... Carter Page III
# A Scanner Darkly (2006) .... Ernie Luckman
# Free Jimmy (2006) (voice: English version) .... Roy Arnie
... aka Slipp Jimmy fri (Norway)
# A Prairie Home Companion (2006) .... Dusty
# The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio (2005) .... Kelly Ryan
# North Country (2005) .... Bill White
# The Big White (2005) .... Raymond
... aka Auch Morden will gelernt sein (Germany: TV title)
... aka Auch morden will gelernt sein (Germany: TV title)
... aka Le grand blanc (Canada: French title)
... aka The big White - Immer Ärger mit Raymond (Germany)
# After the Sunset (2004) .... Stan Lloyd
# She Hate Me (2004) .... Leland Powell
# Anger Management (2003) .... Galaxia / Security Guard Gary
# Scorched (2003/I) .... Jason 'Woods' Valley
# "Will & Grace" .... Nathan (7 episodes, 2001)
- The Rules of Engagement (2001) TV episode .... Nathan
- Loose Lips Sink Relationships (2001) TV episode .... Nathan
- Past and Presents (2001) TV episode .... Nathan
- The Third Wheel Gets the Grace (2001) TV episode .... Nathan
- Sons and Lovers (2001) TV episode .... Nathan
(2 more)
# American Saint (2001) .... Woody as Himself
# Play It to the Bone (1999) .... Vince Boudreau
... aka Play It (USA: promotional title)
# Edtv (1999) .... Ray Pekurny
... aka Ed TV (USA: poster title)
# "Frasier" .... Woody Boyd (1 episode, 1999)
- The Show Where Woody Shows Up (1999) TV episode .... Woody Boyd
# The Hi-Lo Country (1998) .... Big Boy Matson
... aka Hi-Lo Country - Im Land der letzten Cowboys (Germany: TV title)
# The Thin Red Line (1998) .... Sgt. Keck
# "Ellen" .... Henry (1 episode, 1998)
... aka "These Friends of Mine" (USA: first season title)
- Ellen: A Hollywood Tribute: Part 2 (1998) TV episode .... Henry
# Palmetto (1998) .... Harry Barber
... aka Dumme sterben nicht aus
# Wag the Dog (1997) .... Sergeant William Schumann
# Welcome to Sarajevo (1997) .... Flynn
# "Spin City" .... Tommy Dugan (1 episode, 1996)
- Meet Tommy Dugan (1996) TV episode .... Tommy Dugan
# The People vs. Larry Flynt (1996) .... Larry Flynt
... aka Larry Flynt (Canada: French title)
# Kingpin (1996) .... Roy Munson
# The Sunchaser (1996) .... Dr. Michael Reynolds
# Money Train (1995) .... Charlie
# "The Simpsons" .... Woody Boyd (1 episode, 1994)
- Fear of Flying (1994) TV episode (voice) .... Woody Boyd
# Natural Born Killers (1994) .... Mickey Knox
# The Cowboy Way (1994) .... Pepper Lewis
# I'll Do Anything (1994) .... Ground Zero Hero
>>Woody Harrelson is officially cool again. Maybe for the first time since Cheers.
ReplyDelete>>woody harrelson has always been awesome
Both of these statements are wrong. Woody Harrelson has had significant ups AND downs since Cheers.
Down - Money Train, and host of other movies I don't care to remember the names of
Ups - Natural Born Killers, People VS Larry Flynt, No Country for Old Men, Kingpin, A Scanner Darkley, The Thin Red Line and Wag the Dog.
Both of these statements are wrong. Woody Harrelson has had significant ups AND downs since Cheers.
ReplyDeleteI'm with D3.
Except I'm not sure I'd call Kingpin an "up." But in fairness, I haven't seen it.
Kingpin is a silly, toilet-humor comedy, but also a pretty funny, toilet-humor comedy. I wouldn't say it's high cinema, but it's one of the better comedies I've seen.
ReplyDeleteMy estimation might change if I ever see it NOT under the influence of marijuana, but for now, I'll defend it.
Bonus points to D3 for mentioning Woody's roll in Wag the Dog.
ReplyDelete