this version of the song is by Headless Heros on a cd that came out this year I think. the singer is Alela Diane, rising folk singer, whose solo stuff I find kind of boring, honestly. she's good on this, though. i think she IS canadian, which would explain the resemblance to Fiest.
the original was by Philamore Lincoln, an ex-Yardbirds guy, and is more or less impossible to find as far as I can tell.
Very cool! Everything should be filmed this way.
ReplyDeleteIt's like little stop-motion people. Where's Rudolph and Yukon Cornelius?
ReplyDeleteThe song's cool - reminds me a little bit of Feist. Gonna go see if I can scare it up on iTunes.
this version of the song is by Headless Heros on a cd that came out this year I think. the singer is Alela Diane, rising folk singer, whose solo stuff I find kind of boring, honestly. she's good on this, though. i think she IS canadian, which would explain the resemblance to Fiest.
ReplyDeletethe original was by Philamore Lincoln, an ex-Yardbirds guy, and is more or less impossible to find as far as I can tell.
All those Canadians sound alike.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the info, Chris. I poked around at iTunes and Amazon's MP3 section with no luck, but I'm gon' keep looking around.