There's a line in the
teaser for the next Terminator flick, something like, "The future didn't happen the way my mother said it would." Seems like time-travel wonkiness has altered the rise of Skynet, in effect giving the writers the opportunity to break from the predistined beats of James Cameron's "Judgement Day." NOW...we know it'll never live up to the first two, but Christian Bale as John Connor seems cool, and these just-leaked concept art pieces do kick some ass:
*EDIT: meant to add that these look even cooler when biggie-sized. Click 'em!
Early Model Terminator (I'm told)
Big-Ass Mecha-Lookin' Terminator
Spooky vibe. I dig it.
ReplyDeleteYeh, I'm totally gonna watch an ep or two of Sarah Connor tonight. It hasn't started sucking lately, has it?
ReplyDeleteI downloaded the movie teaser yesterday on the XBox and played it back loud and booming. When the full "dun dun dun DA-DUN!" theme kicks in I had something of a religious experience.
(in my pants)
Honestly, I think Sarah Connor right now is the best it's ever been. Last night's episode was my favorite episode of the series, period. Which I believe I also said about an episode one or two weeks back.
ReplyDeleteSo either the show is getting better or I'm getting dumber.
Or both.
Btw, these terminator designs (and the motorcycle terminator, which is also floating around out there) look cool, and I'm psyched for the movie.
There's a motorcycle terminator? That sounds pretty damn awesome.
ReplyDeleteI've thought Sarah Conner Chronicles have been going downhill lately. Just a personal opinion, but I feel it's been subject to some bad, sloppy writing. Randy's favorite episode is one I saw as the lowest point of a once great series, a bland episode forced into a ridiculous storytelling premise in an attempt to hide its own failings. Oh, and apparently you can kill a terminator with plain ol' bullets now.
As I'm told the college kids say, your mileage may vary. It's possible I'm just being bitter and a bit of a bastard.
Or maybe you're a pawn of Skynet, Nate.
ReplyDeleteI'm in mid catch-up on Sarah Connor (just saw the ep where they visit the shrink), so I'll make the final ruling on "rawks or sux" shortly.
My decision will, of course, be final.
Surely Skynet would have given me a better hairline.
ReplyDeleteI've never seen an episode of 'Sarah Connor'. After the abortion of Terminator 3, I gave up on the whole franchise.
ReplyDeleteI *might* be convinced/tricked into seeing this new movie, however.
So Jason, just so you know... Sarah Connor Chronicles completely sidesteps (and invalidates) T3 via time travel.
ReplyDeleteYou should totally watch the first episode on Hulu. I think you'd dig it.
Randy says that now, but I remember a time when I had to *talk* him into liking the show >_<
ReplyDeleteNo, it's genuinely good, or at the very least, far better than it has any right to be. But you have to roll with some of the conceits - the prettified cast, the softening of Sarah Connor's character from T2 (hey, they did think they'd averted Judgment Day), and the occasional emo-ness of John Connor.
If you like the franchise in general, though, I'd say give it a look. It can be much smarter and much more unpredictable than you'd think. They've come up with some damn cool ideas here and there.