Comments

Trailer for Dollhouse, Joss Whedon's new show...

It's set to be a midseason replacement and looks like this:



More on the premise:

In Dollhouse, Dushku plays a young woman named Echo, a member of a group of people known as "Actives" or "Dolls" who have had their personalities wiped clean so they can be imprinted with any number of new personas, including memory, muscle memory, skills, and language, for different assignments. They're then hired out for particular jobs, crimes, fantasies, and occasional good deeds. In between tasks, they are mind-wiped into a child-like state and live in a futuristic dormitory/laboratory, a hidden facility nicknamed "The Dollhouse". The story follows Echo, who begins, in her mind-wiped state, to become self-aware.

Premise doesn't do much for me and neither does the trailer, but I'll check out the exection 'cause, hey, it's Whedon.

4 comments:

  1. I cared just enough to hit play, but the video has been taken down, so no trailer.

    If somebody cares enough to look for it again and re-post, I'll probably hit play again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just replaced it with a working version. How long it'll last I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I can see how it might work... but you're right, it's an un-inspiring premise and a "meh" trailer.

    That said, as you note... it's Whedon, so it'll get a shot from me, at least. Especially in the new post-strike season, which is pretty spare in terms of new shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm no Whedon-freak. In fact, I kinda get annoyed by all the Whedon devotees...

    But I'm actually pretty interested.

    The premise and the trailer alike really snagged me. I'll be watching out for this one.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.