I'd really like to hear your thoughts. Even if it's just "This one just didn't do anything for me" or "The blood is red," I'd still really appreciate your thoughts.
well, definitely like the girl, of course, cool eyes, and the blood is fun.
one reaction i had is that it seems waaay to bright and sunshiney. doesn't really fit the theme, imo. makes the blood look too bright and fake. also causes a lot of shadows, sometimes over the model's face. an overcast day, or an indoor shoot, more controlled, even lighting, might have worked better to get a creepier mood.
the b/w shots work a little better, but then you don't get the blood. maybe photoshop the red in on the b/w ones?
Yeah, the shadows were playing hell with my shots. You should have seen the ones I threw away; even worse.
I'll never shoot outdoors at high noon again. I don't think I need to go indoors to control the lighting, though.
I saw the shadow problem immediately when I started shooting, but there was nothing I could do about it since we were on a time schedule and couldn't delay to wait for the sun to move down a bit.
This was the model's concept actually. She's the singer for a symphonic metal band and this is her stage persona.
ReplyDeletewell, definitely like the girl, of course, cool eyes, and the blood is fun.
ReplyDeleteone reaction i had is that it seems waaay to bright and sunshiney. doesn't really fit the theme, imo. makes the blood look too bright and fake. also causes a lot of shadows, sometimes over the model's face. an overcast day, or an indoor shoot, more controlled, even lighting, might have worked better to get a creepier mood.
the b/w shots work a little better, but then you don't get the blood. maybe photoshop the red in on the b/w ones?
anyway, those are my impressions.
also, i think the best ones a the last few against the white wall, except, again, for the lighting/shadows.
ReplyDeleteYeah, the shadows were playing hell with my shots. You should have seen the ones I threw away; even worse.
ReplyDeleteI'll never shoot outdoors at high noon again. I don't think I need to go indoors to control the lighting, though.
I saw the shadow problem immediately when I started shooting, but there was nothing I could do about it since we were on a time schedule and couldn't delay to wait for the sun to move down a bit.
oh, and thanks for the feedback
ReplyDeleteget one of those reflective sheets, maybe. i seen 'em on the tv!
ReplyDelete