Comments

A couple of things

that keeping getting forgotten.

Dave keeps forgetting to post this: Star Trek White Rabbit


Dave and Randy asked me to post this: Read literary classics five minutes a day by email. Hundreds (or thousands?) of titles available.
Daily Lit

4 comments:

  1. The DailyLit link may be one of the coolest things I've ever seen on the internet. I'm going light and fluffy to start with (never read any Sherlock Holmes), but I've got my eye on Dostoyevsky, Conrad, and if I get a little crazy, Cervantes.

    Quote of the day comes courtesy of Dr. Watson for his frank appraisal of London:

    "I had neither kith nor kin in England, and was therefore as free as air -- or as free as an income of eleven shillings and sixpence a day will permit a man to be. Under such circumstances, I naturally gravitated to London, that great cesspool into which all the loungers and idlers of the Empire are irresistibly drained."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watson's right, yo. Cesspool London's where a trash worm blew in my eye.
    Also-- in London I visited Sherlock Holmes' house...Lots of dead wax people lying around. And pipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherlock is the shiznit. Only Dostoyevky I've read is "Notes from Underground", which short but tortuous nonetheless.

    Anyway, cool linkage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Signed up for Abrose Bierce's "The Devil's Dictionary".

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.