I'm in movie mode at the moment, and want to get my money's worth out of my last month of having discs from Netflix, so I was thinking August might be a good time for another one of these blog communal movie watch deals. 30 for 30 is the usual deal, but I don't know that many of us can actually make that, so I'm going with 15 movies, which is probably much more attainable. Suggested viewing lists:
-3 films you've never seen
-3 films that are "Old Favorites" that you haven't watched in a some time
-3 films starring the same actor
-3 films from 2000-2011
-3 films of your choice
I'm still figuring out my plans, but will post in the comments when I do. And I encourage everyone else to post their lists in the comments.
Btw, since we're almost all on the Facebooks now, I've got no problem with moving this over there if we'd rather.
My list (which I reserve the right to change):
ReplyDelete3 films you've never seen
-Source Code
-True Grit
-Green Hornet
3 films that are "Old Favorites" that you haven't watched in a some time
-Memento
-L.A. Confidential
-Kill Bill 1 & 2
3 films starring the same actor (Robert DeNiro)
-Heat
-Goodfellas
-The Godfather Part II
3 films from 2000-2011
-Black Swan
-Megamind
-Kick Ass
3 films of your choice
-State of Play
-The Man Who Knew Too Little
-Open Slot to be decided later
I'll throw in on this. Will post choices later.
ReplyDeleteI may or may not join in... I've been on a bit of a movie kick lately myself...
ReplyDeleteI'm in.
ReplyDeleteMy list (which I reserve the right to change):
ReplyDelete3 films you've never seen
-Bushido
-Name of the Rose
-Wing Chun
3 films that are "Old Favorites" that you haven't watched in a some time
-Seven Samurai
-Lower Depths
-Red Beard
3 films starring the same actor (Andy Garcia)
-Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead
-Modigliani
-American Roulette
3 films from 2000-2011
-The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
-The Girl Who Played With Fire
-The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
3 films of your choice
-Ip Man
-Chocolate
-The Good, the Bad, and the Weird
I decided to pull as much of my list as I could from odds and ends I've got on Netflix Streaming. Here we go:
ReplyDelete-3 films you've never seen
Before Sunset
Trainspotting
The Dresser
-3 films that are "Old Favorites" that you haven't watched in a some time
Before Sunrise
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
U Turn
-3 films starring the same actor (Woody Harrelson)
Defendor
The Thin Red Line
Transsiberian
-3 films from 2000-2011
Source Code
Toy Story 3
Crank 2
-3 films of your choice
Crimes & Misdemeanors
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest
Frozen
I'm game. I'll post a list later though.
ReplyDelete3 Films You've Never Seen Before
ReplyDelete- Season of the Witch
- Girl with a Dragon Tattoo
- The Fighter
3 Films that are "old favorites" that you haven't watched in some time
- Kalifornia
- Usual Suspects
- The Conversation
3 Films starring the same actor (Scarlett Johansson)
- The Perfect Score
- Vicky Christina Barcelona
- Black Dahlia
3 Films from 2000-2011
-The American
- The Box
- The Town
3 Films of your choice
- A Perfect Getaway
- To Live and Die in L.A.
- Last Man Standing
Seems like the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is getting lots of play in these lists. Hope you guys dig the series. It's not mind-blowing or anything - just a somewhat new breed of dark suspense thrillers.
ReplyDeleteI've seen the first two and the third is on my list.