Comments

Marble Hornets

So that creepy doll vid that Dave posted is part of a larger thing called "Marble Hornets".

It's basically an online, viral sort of horror movie, alternate reality gamish type thing. Think LonelyGirl21 meets X-Files. I was intrigued by Dave's post and wound up watching all of it yesterday.

It starts here:



The one Dave posted is part of a series of "replies" to the original poster, that are also part of the story.

There is a wiki for Marble Hornets.

Overall I'd say it is a pretty well done and very creepy zero-budget...thing. Whatever you'd call it. And they're not done with it.

5 comments:

  1. Cool, glad you're digging Marble Hornets, which is actually what I was watching when I came across the weird doll video. I just finished watching "season one" and we'll have to compare notes, but broadly speaking, yeah, overall a pretty neat effort. Has a few glitches, but it's cool and it's different and it's creepy in a really different way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished watching all the vids that have been posted so far. Pretty cool stuff-I'm looking forward to more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to watch but I am home alone tonight and a big huge giant ninny when it comes to all things creepy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh the stuff with Slenderman... that shit was kinda weird.. up to a point. Then it just kinda became cheesy to me. I think I pointed you at this series didn't I Dave?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mandy
    I'd heard about if from several places, but yeah, I think I finally started watching it after talking to you.

    I've only seen the first season so far and I don't think it ever hit a cheesy point for me. Whenever there're extended scenes of people talking it feels a little fake because they're not the best actors, but there are only a few scenes like that.

    What was it that specifically seemed cheesy to you? Once or twice I thought, "Dude's crazy to go into a creepy house where Slenderman might be lurking," but then again, it was clear that the people he stalked started losing the capacity for rational thought...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.