Comments

A Holiday Classic

And by classic, I mean *super* racist.

14 comments:

  1. I don't care for Dominick, the Italian Christmas Donkey.

    Now, Sven, the Dominican Kwanzaa Owl, he's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's not racist b/c these guys ARE wops.

    um, Italians, i mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard this song until yesterday when I was sitting in a hospital room. To find on the blog the next day is *strange*.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one sadistic sounding hospital. Other hospitals are playing tranquil standards like "White Christmas," but poor Nick gets the donkey show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would soooooooooo rather hear this than offensively inoffensive Magic 95 Christmas fare like White Christmas or the 37th iteration of Baby, it's Cold Outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, D3, are you saying you don't like Christmas music?

    I'm *shocked*! You never, ever mention this! Never!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well to be more specific and to pick nits with word choice (something else I never do), I hate any music I have to hear over and over again. You have no idea how much I hate Thunderstruck by AC/DC or Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana (thanks to KLBJ) for instance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nick- I had never heard it until last night when Dave made me watch the video. I was shopping today on my lunch and it came on overhead, right after some Boyz2Men Christmas crap. I caught myself just before I started singing aloud, "hehaw, hehaw!" lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's what's so insidious about it, Sara.

    It gets in your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Insidious? Or *awesome*?

    No, wait, you're right. Insidious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Insidiously awesome?

    hehaw hehaw!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! Chingedy ching,
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    It's Dominick the donkey.
    Chingedy ching,
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    The Italian Christmas donkey.
    (la la la-la la-la la la la la)
    (la la la-la la-la la-ee-oh-da)

    Santa's got a little friend,
    his name is Dominick.
    The cutest little donkey,
    you never see him kick.
    When Santa visits his paisans,
    with Dominick he'll be.
    Because the reindeer cannot
    climb the hills of Italy.

    Hey! Chingedy ching,
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    It's Dominick the donkey.
    Chingedy ching,
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    The Italian Christmas donkey.
    (la la la-la la-la la la la la)
    (la la la-la la-la la-ee-oh-da)

    Jingle bells around his feet,
    and presents on the sled.
    Hey! Look at the mayor's derby,
    on top of Dominick's head.
    A pair of shoes for Louie,
    snd a dress for Josephine.
    The labels on the inside says,
    they're made in Bruccalin'. (Brooklyn)

    Hey! Chingedy ching,
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    It's Dominick the donkey.
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    The Italian Christmas donkey.
    (la la la-la la-la la la la la)
    (la la la-la la-la la-ee-oh-da)

    Children sing, and clap their hands,
    And Dominick starts to dance.
    They talk Italian to him,
    And he even understands.
    Cummare's and cumpare's
    Do the dance 'a tarantell',
    When Santa Nicola comes to town,
    And brings 'o ciucciarell.'

    Hey! Chingedy ching,
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    It's Dominick the donkey.
    Chingedy ching,
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    The Italian Christmas donkey.
    (la la la-la la-la la la la la)
    (la la la-la la-la la-ee-oh-da)
    Hey! Dominick! Buonn Natale!

    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is posted in the back office now, isn't it?

    If it isn't, it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad the lyrics clarify that Bruccalin' means Brooklyn. :p

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.