Comments

Non-Halloween Note

Finally played PORTAL through to the end. Damn, that was great.

In celebration, a completely strait-faced - one might even say harmonious - cover of the credit song:



(yeah, she fucked up the pronunciation of "mesa")

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I don't know from Portal, but that's a cool song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ostensibly it's a first-person puzzle solving game, but like Braid and (to a lesser extent) Limbo, it transcends its origins with amazing execution to provide a surprisingly rich (and often hilarious) experience.

    In the game the song is sung by the psychopathic computer that's been trying to kill you throughout. The lines reference game events and perfectly capture the computer's crazy-head style. It's a lot more tongue-in-cheek sounding than this version, and for the longest time I only knew it out of context as that annoying video game song everyone but me liked to sing on Rock Band ;)

    Now that I've finished the game and seen what a great, bizarre personality they built up for the computer, I gotta love it - even the original version with its extensive autotune! I'll have to see if I can find some other good covers. There're about a million on YouTube.

    Oh, and as long as I'm doing a mini write-up on it, the song was written by Jonathan Coulton, dude who writes the wacky songs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder I like it, then. I have all his albums.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. I was thinking maybe you knew his stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.