Comments

30 Movies in 30 Days

The Benbo's doing another one of these in September. Who has the time, right? But I'm trying it anyway. I think I hit the low-20s last time, and even if I only make half as many, it's a good excuse to catch stuff I've been meaning to.

Here're the parameters if anyone wants to join in:

-5 films that are in Black and White
-5 films that are "Old Favorites" that you haven't watched in a some time
-5 films from the same Producer
-5 films from the 90s
-5 films that someone has viewed in a previous 30/30 challenge
-5 films of your choice

I'm still figuring out my plans, but will post in the comments when I do...

13 comments:

  1. I *do* like the parameters, but school goes back into session for me on Sept 7. I expect I'll watch a couple- few, post about them, and then forget that I was going to participate. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, my reasons for not participating aren't quite as academic - it's just that the new TV season starts soon - but I'm interested but out for this round.

    I can watch a couple, though. Maybe we should make a big group list and everyone can watch two, and we can make 30 as a group. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's my tentative, sure-to-change list. Diversity is the name of the game, and most of these I haven't seen)

    -5 films that are in Black and White
    Citizen Kane
    The Seventh Seal
    To Kill a Mockingbird
    Manhattan
    The Wages of Fear

    -5 films that are "Old Favorites" that you haven't watched in a some time
    Lone Star
    Thelma & Louise
    North by Northwest
    Silverado
    One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

    -5 films from the same Producer: Lauren Shuler Donner

    (an odd choice, I'll confess, but I wanted some lighter fare in the mix and I've never seen any of these)

    Pretty in Pink
    Ladyhawke
    Dave
    Constantine
    Any Given Sunday

    -5 films from the 90's
    Being John Malkovich
    Good Will Hunting
    Schindler’s List
    Payback
    Dances With Wolves

    -5 films that someone has viewed in a previous 30/30 challenge
    The Hangover
    Aliens
    The Constant Gardener
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
    The Dark Knight

    -5 films of your choice
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    Holes
    Broadcast News
    Lilo and Stitch
    Bronson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, participating in this might actually kill me, but starting in January I'm all over it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oddly enough, I *have* seen most of your list, Dave.

    Interesting that there does appear to be a risk of death this go- round. o.o

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, I like Randy's idea of a Commie 30/30. I could probably reach that goal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. >>Yeah, participating in this might actually kill me, but starting in January I'm all over it ;)

    That's not so far away! We should work up some fun parameters in the next few months and do an official blog-based movie contest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holes, Dave? My boy was just a lad in that one!

    Also- can't even think of doing this; I barely made 1/2 when I had nothing to do all day :p

    But - I think a blog-based one could be cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. A blog- based one would be fun.

    Cindy- Please, oh please, tell me you are snarkily kidding about liking Shia LeDouche...

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, Sara :)

    I don't like him - I'm his Champion! When everyone was there to naysay, I defended him! It's not a privilege -- it's a duty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. >>Holes, Dave? My boy was just a lad in that one!

    Why do you have to ruin things, ruiner? >_<

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, wow, Cindy... I'm seeing you in a whole new light. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here's a Shia factoid:
    When it gets too cold for his dad to live outside in his teepee, Shia lets his dad come live with him, inside a house.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.