Comments

Oh so very NSFW.


Sorry Sara, but since you confirmed it was a link to some soul-eating rape virus, I've replaced your post with this picture instead to keep everyone safe.

9 comments:

  1. Uh, yeah... this screams spyware, scams and spam. I had red flags going off in my mind all over the place way before I got to the content so I just closed everything. Maybe I'm wrong (and I doubt it) but I would check your computer over carefully if I were you, Sara.

    Not trying to be a joykill, just seems like a potentially dangerous link to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries. Yeah, I feel pretty dumb. In my defense: A) It appeared as though a few of my fb friends, several of them quite tech savvy, had "liked" this, which made me think it was safe even though it did look quite spammy. B) I do not have a penis and, therefore, cannot be expected to spot these things!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. To venture down a rabbit trail- You know that pic of you and your brother making the little finger airplanes? The image you replaced my soul- eating rape link with reminds me of that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pic are you talking about? In case it caused confusion, I replaced the pic, not D3.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I clicked on it as well, even though I wasn't sure if it was virus-laden or anything. My anti-virus software on the laptop didn't give me any warnings, but like D3, I gave up pretty early in.

    Hopefully there's not a nasty little worm infecting my laptop. D3, any advice for checking?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Running a scan, it does not appear that Sara gave my computer VD. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, seems there is no installed virus, worm, malware, or spyware.

    I ran a sanboxed linux virtual box to intentionally click this link all the way through and see what happens.

    It SEEMS like what it does is post its own link to your facebook updates (to spread itself) if you are already signed in or prompts you to sign into facebook if you are not already signed in. It does this through the actual facebook API which means your password is PROBABLY safe.

    It does get to look at your email address though, so you're email address is probably being sold to spammers as we speak.

    Honestly, it's not as apocalyptic as it coulda been, but an annoyance nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, worst use of "just follow the link" ever ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Dan- Yeah, I thought D3 had done it. Unless you have looked through D3's mom's photo albums, you wouldn't know the pic I was referring to. :)

    @D3- Hrumph and :P

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.