Comments

ZOMG! I'm totally freaking out this so ridiculous awesome imma lose my shit gotta play this now lucasarts can have my soul for this game or how about a two year old I have a two year old son you can have for this game can I play it now?



I will be playing this.

The vid is worth playing in 720p in full screen if your computer can handle it. Not sure why it's titled 1080p since youtube doesn't even do 1080p.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty cool, but I was a little weirded out by something: even though the "Old Republic" is thousands of years before Vader but has always kind of looked the same technologically...I actually thought while I was watching this that the setting was Vader's era and this wasn't for the MMO after all. The armored guys really look like Clone Troopers and the droids really looked like some new iteration of the Destroyer Droids.

    Just kinda weird. I wish the Old Republic visual style was a little more distinct from all the later stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's definitely some weird timeline stuff going on here, with talk of Empires long before the prequel, the droids... it looks like they went with sort of a "best of" of all the eras and aren't super-worried about how it all fits, continuity-wise, with what we've seen.

    Which is cool by me, because goddamn was that a cool video. She stopped his lightsaber with her *hand*! I'm not sure I want to get into an MMO again, especially since I'd have to build a new computer to do it, but... this tempted me more than I expected.

    Oh, and D3, never offer up a child to George Lucas. He's got a weird thing for kids. He'll take the trade. Also, sadly, by the time this actually comes out, Zeb might be 3. It's a great video, but I don't think they're anywhere near finished with the game yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Wikipedia, so take with a grain of salt, but this is what they say the plot is:

    The story takes place in the Star Wars fictional universe shortly after the establishment of a tenuous peace between the re-emergent Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic, 300 years after the events of the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games and more than 3,500 years before the events in the Star Wars films. The Jedi are held responsible for the success of the Sith and choose to relocate from Coruscant to Tython, where the Jedi order had been initially founded, to seek guidance from the Force. The Sith control Korriban, where they re-established a Sith Academy. The game begins as new conflicts arise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, yeah that all fits into what I remember about the Star Wars prehistory stuff from the comics and books.

    As a side note, mechanically, how are they going to handle one-shot-kill/cut through anything weapons like lightsabers in an MMO? Makes armor and health, staples of that kind of game, a bit redundant. If I have to hit a guy ten times with my lightsaber before he goes down, I may as well use a blaster.

    Also, on a weird personal note, I know at least two (and maybe more) friends who worked on this game. Odd.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.