Yeah, you could, but what I dig about it is that in a single interface and menu system, you get your regular live channels from cable, dish, etc... a DVR... and THEN all the interweb content. Kinda like having a nice cable package with DVR all bundled up likey do it now, except I don't have to hook my computer anymore because all that stuff is in my DVR box already. And since it's Google, it'll be content that I can just search for rather than just a couple select providers.
Plus, it's google, I'm sure we'll see some nifty integration of stuff like google maps and google reader.
Also, just read more on this. It's powered by Android, which means apps :) Think iPhone type apps on your tv as well as a tv optimised full browser with flash... all built into you DVR.
or...you could just hook your computer up to your tv? maybe?
ReplyDeletethis could be cool i guess. what i mainly took away from it is a burning desire to see "Marty vs. the Wizard".
Yeah, you could, but what I dig about it is that in a single interface and menu system, you get your regular live channels from cable, dish, etc... a DVR... and THEN all the interweb content. Kinda like having a nice cable package with DVR all bundled up likey do it now, except I don't have to hook my computer anymore because all that stuff is in my DVR box already. And since it's Google, it'll be content that I can just search for rather than just a couple select providers.
ReplyDeletePlus, it's google, I'm sure we'll see some nifty integration of stuff like google maps and google reader.
cool. only potential problem i see with it goes like this:
ReplyDelete"Whatcha doin' tonight?'
"Oh, just sittin' around, watchin' the Googtube."
Googtube sounds reeeeeally dirty.
ReplyDeleteAlso, just read more on this. It's powered by Android, which means apps :) Think iPhone type apps on your tv as well as a tv optimised full browser with flash... all built into you DVR.
I'm so wet right now.
i think you just googed in your pants.
ReplyDelete