Comments

"A Hope in Hell"

First, I have a favor to ask. Then a cool link.

1.) I was hoping to show my class a copy of the duel in hell between Dream and Chorozon from the first Sandman trade paperback. The name of the individual issue (I think it was #3) was called "A Hope in Hell." That duel has always been one of my favorite moments and I think it would be cool to show while we're talking about poetry and themes. Does anyone have a high quality scan of it? I don't have a scanner or the issue. I just want the duel pages.

2.) I stumbled on this forum where they started their own duel and it's pretty amazing. Check it out: http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9802. Anyone up for trying this on the blog?I'll start in the comments.


3.) For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about. Click the link and read the first post on the forum. It gives a summary of the duel between Dream and the demon and shows how the "idea duel" works.

21 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's start simple:

    I am water, dirt washing, life bringing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am oil, water choking, life suffocating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Ron Jeremy, oil absorbing, self-fellating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am amateur porn, free dispersing, dvd destroying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a computer virus, pornography's parasite, hard drive corrupting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am Norton's, ever sweeping, computer cleansing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the economy, downward spiraling, penny pinching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am John Maynard Keynes, bisexual prowling, macroeconomics fathering.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am Sam Walton's heirs, slept through macroeconomics, still rich.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a trophy wife, denier of pre-nups, ravager of inheritances.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am the womens' movement, trophy wife attacking, gender role smashing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am Paris Hilton, total whore, beloved bimbo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not to disrupt the flow, but... this is actually better than Gaiman's original version.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am Randy, flow disrupting, praise giving.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am Wizards of the Coast, retailer hating, heartburn causing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am Hasbro, profit demanding, mindless meddling.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am the CPSC, toy recalling, image tarnishing

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a high school nerd, dateless, rare toy collecting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am human deception, bid accepting, rare toy withholding, profanity evoking.

    We've gotten dropped to the "back page." Should we repost or are we the only ones interested in keeping this alive?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Eh, whatevs. If it stays active, I'll probably play along.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.