The dated special effects of the original were actually used to the film's advantage, so that didn't hurt my enthusiasm... but that music... oh wow... that music. On a positive note, I'm betting the new movie won't sport any Depeche Mode.
I'm so totally jazzed for this. This may be the property I'm most enthused for in movies this year.
But really, D3, who doesn't like Depeche Mode? It ain't the Pet Shop boys, y'know.
As to the new movie...no Depeche Mode, but it's being scored by the band Daft Punk, sort of a contemporary Depeche Mode. I think they did the music in the new trailer, which I really liked. Reminded me in a good way of some of the themes in Mass Effect.
Um, me lol? Sure, it's not the pet Shop Boys, but it really is still way dated. Anyways, I'm not here to trash Depeche Mode, but to show excitement for Tron.
The f/x looking kinda simplistic and cheap in the original work to the movie's advantage in that they look like the video games of the era. I'm curious how the effects in the new movie will work out. I mean, it's not like the video games of this era really have a "look" that's so immediately recognizable, so I suppose what they're doing is taking the look from the original movie and giving it some polish to take that "Tron look" and make it a property look rather than just an "80s video game look."
The only thing that worries me is that they might not pull it off and the movie may end up just looking like an 80s video game instead of looking like a unique and distinct universe with an identity.
The dated special effects of the original were actually used to the film's advantage, so that didn't hurt my enthusiasm... but that music... oh wow... that music. On a positive note, I'm betting the new movie won't sport any Depeche Mode.
ReplyDeleteI'm so totally jazzed for this. This may be the property I'm most enthused for in movies this year.
Yeah, the f/x were used very creatively.
ReplyDeleteBut really, D3, who doesn't like Depeche Mode? It ain't the Pet Shop boys, y'know.
As to the new movie...no Depeche Mode, but it's being scored by the band Daft Punk, sort of a contemporary Depeche Mode. I think they did the music in the new trailer, which I really liked. Reminded me in a good way of some of the themes in Mass Effect.
But really, D3, who doesn't like Depeche Mode?
ReplyDeleteUm, me lol? Sure, it's not the pet Shop Boys, but it really is still way dated. Anyways, I'm not here to trash Depeche Mode, but to show excitement for Tron.
The f/x looking kinda simplistic and cheap in the original work to the movie's advantage in that they look like the video games of the era. I'm curious how the effects in the new movie will work out. I mean, it's not like the video games of this era really have a "look" that's so immediately recognizable, so I suppose what they're doing is taking the look from the original movie and giving it some polish to take that "Tron look" and make it a property look rather than just an "80s video game look."
The only thing that worries me is that they might not pull it off and the movie may end up just looking like an 80s video game instead of looking like a unique and distinct universe with an identity.
It's going to look all hipster shiny Appley, I bet. Hope it doesn't suck.
ReplyDeleteBut come on, has there ever been a sexier tank than the one in TRON?