Can't these writers ever come up with someone for the hero to fight besides an evil version of themselves? C.f. The Incredible Hulk, Spider-Man 3, Iron Man 2, etc, etc.
In fairness, Whiplash is the main villain, and not an evil Iron Man. That said, yeah, it is a hoary Hollywood superhero cliche that needs to be taken out back and shot in the head.
I also submit before the court Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Lex Luthor, the Joker, Silver Surfer, and most of the X-Men's mutant foes as samples of not-just-evil-versions-of-the-heroes.
My annoyance has always been the need to start dog piling villains after the first movie. If they hadn't rebooted batman, he would have faced 35 villains in The Dark Knight.
I was thinking, "Maybe I should skip this one, just go cold turkey on trailers since I know I'm gonna see the movie."
ReplyDeleteBut I caved and it was fucking awesome.
Can't these writers ever come up with someone for the hero to fight besides an evil version of themselves? C.f. The Incredible Hulk, Spider-Man 3, Iron Man 2, etc, etc.
ReplyDeleteThat said, yes, awesome.
In fairness, Whiplash is the main villain, and not an evil Iron Man. That said, yeah, it is a hoary Hollywood superhero cliche that needs to be taken out back and shot in the head.
ReplyDeleteI also submit before the court Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Lex Luthor, the Joker, Silver Surfer, and most of the X-Men's mutant foes as samples of not-just-evil-versions-of-the-heroes.
ReplyDeleteMy annoyance has always been the need to start dog piling villains after the first movie. If they hadn't rebooted batman, he would have faced 35 villains in The Dark Knight.
ReplyDelete