I got emails from a guy that wanted a book illustrated, with him in the art. Said everyone makes caricature art & he doesn't want that. When he sent me his headshot, my first thought was, "Well, he looks like a caricature." So I sent him 2 different drawings (neither of which were caricaturey at all), and then he's just all, "No- not what I want."
I almost thought about telling him it's not the artists fault he's got a huge doofy smile and Dumbo ears. Figured he must've also not known what he looks like. Also - must be a timeless douche-bag.
wow, maybe the timeless douche tag?
ReplyDeleteGood call.
ReplyDeleteI got emails from a guy that wanted a book illustrated, with him in the art. Said everyone makes caricature art & he doesn't want that. When he sent me his headshot, my first thought was, "Well, he looks like a caricature." So I sent him 2 different drawings (neither of which were caricaturey at all), and then he's just all, "No- not what I want."
ReplyDeleteI almost thought about telling him it's not the artists fault he's got a huge doofy smile and Dumbo ears. Figured he must've also not known what he looks like. Also - must be a timeless douche-bag.