I know it shouldn't be the case, but there is something about a funny man playing a banjo (Kevin Nealon is another great example) that gets my lady parts all excited. 0_o , I know.
Randy- congratulations and many thanks for providing me with not only my first "Happy Kwanzaa" of the season, but quite possibly my first "Happy Kwanzaa" ever. :D
And I thought the foreign language fetish in Fish Called Wanda was a bit out there :D
Hey, Sara, have you see the big banjo jam session that was on Letterman a few years ago? Included Steve Martin? I've actually posted it here before, but if you haven't seen it...
I hadn't seen it. My thoughts: A) AWESOME! B) Takes me back to my childhood in the Ozarks when I was but knee- high to a grasshopper. :) C) Steve Martin and Vince Gill together in a band... who'da thunk?
I genuinely love that jam session. Talent and craft aside, those guys just look like they're having a great time. And a few times Paul Shaffer looked like he was on the verge of convulsions.
I was looking for an old post to show to D3 and I ran across this. In the vein of better late than never: After showing this to Frog at the time it was posted, it became one of Frog's favorite things on the internet and still is. The first time he saw it, I think we spent about two hours watching assorted banjo-ery on youtube. When we went to that Guy Forsythe concert, he was so super duper excited to see him pull out a banjo at one point... he reallyreallyreally wants one. :)
Ha, that's great. As someone who wishes he'd pursued a musical instrument at a younger age, I encourage you to let Frog try his hand as soon as he can.
Steve Martin may, in fact, be the coolest guy ever. He's funny, he's got his artsy side, and he can write, dance and play the banjo.
ReplyDeleteRespec'
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI know it shouldn't be the case, but there is something about a funny man playing a banjo (Kevin Nealon is another great example) that gets my lady parts all excited. 0_o , I know.
ReplyDeleteRandy- congratulations and many thanks for providing me with not only my first "Happy Kwanzaa" of the season, but quite possibly my first "Happy Kwanzaa" ever. :D
And I thought the foreign language fetish in Fish Called Wanda was a bit out there :D
ReplyDeleteHey, Sara, have you see the big banjo jam session that was on Letterman a few years ago? Included Steve Martin? I've actually posted it here before, but if you haven't seen it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icMTVV5Lwaw
I hadn't seen it. My thoughts: A) AWESOME! B) Takes me back to my childhood in the Ozarks when I was but knee- high to a grasshopper. :) C) Steve Martin and Vince Gill together in a band... who'da thunk?
ReplyDeleteI genuinely love that jam session. Talent and craft aside, those guys just look like they're having a great time. And a few times Paul Shaffer looked like he was on the verge of convulsions.
ReplyDeleteI was looking for an old post to show to D3 and I ran across this. In the vein of better late than never: After showing this to Frog at the time it was posted, it became one of Frog's favorite things on the internet and still is. The first time he saw it, I think we spent about two hours watching assorted banjo-ery on youtube. When we went to that Guy Forsythe concert, he was so super duper excited to see him pull out a banjo at one point... he reallyreallyreally wants one. :)
ReplyDelete**The banjo jam link, that is. :)
ReplyDeleteHa, that's great. As someone who wishes he'd pursued a musical instrument at a younger age, I encourage you to let Frog try his hand as soon as he can.
ReplyDeleteI still pull this video up sometimes, too :)