B) Knowing it's her singing on that track I hear every December at Rogues makes it a little cooler and makes me wonder if I could have really liked it if not for the constant repetition. (new info)
C) I hear it AT LEAST once every shift for near a month. It's easily the most noticeably repeated song in the 3 or 4 Xmases I've been working at the shop, and that has already ruined the song for me. (not new info)
>>C) I hear it AT LEAST once every shift for near a month.
To the best of my knowledge, only Randy has the Elf version of "Baby It's Cold Outside", so you're only ever hearing it when he's got his iPod in. Which I believe is almost never this year. Past years, yeah, but not this year.
I've got one of the old school recordings of it, though. That's probably what you're remembering.
If it makes you feel any better, the Christmas music is there to inspire consumer holiday buying frenzy, not make your Scrooge-like heart blossom ;P
A) It's Nick's iPod, actually. I've got the Louis Prima version, and I forget who he's dueting with.
B) D3, if you keep bitching about X-Mas music at the store when we've been pretty sporadic about it, I may be forced to make an iPod playlist made up of *only* post-1980 pop X-Mas music and put it on heavy rotation whenever you're there, with the sole goal of "giving you something to cry about." ;)
I) Ah, three different versions of the same song... I can't say I've ever noticed any difference between them, but it explains why I hear the song in mind numbing repetition.
II) You do what you gotta do, Randy. The bitching to friends is how I manage to put on a fake smile and pretend it isn't driving me nuts the rest of the day.
III) I've decided to transition from letters to Roman Numerals to delineate my comments into sections.
IV) The Roman Numeral for 4 always makes me think of the medical term iv (intravenous).
you know, i think i kind of like her better as a blonde. weird.
i have to say though fellas, and i hope this doesn't create any controversry, but i'm not really as sold on Deschanel as the rest of y'all. she's cute and all but it seems like there's something kind of off about her - to me anyways. like she's faking it or something. i can't quite put my finger on it, but she bugs me in a vague way. just not buyin' it.
Well she IS kind of weird. And I've seen her in at least two movies where she was mostly annoying (The Happening and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy). But those were also awful movies, so it was hard to judge.
But, yeah, she may actually be someone I like more in theory than in practice. I want to see that 500 Days of Summer flick where she had the starring role. That will be the decider!
weirdness per se does not bother me - i like Wynona Ryder and Helena Bonham-Carter after all - i just think in her case, and again not sure why exactly, that the quirky oddball thing is a put on. an act. disengenuous. calculated. like she realizes she is just "cute" and not lead actress "hot" and is playing up the fey thing to compensate. i could be totally wrong but that is how it strikes me.
I think she really truly is that weird. She's vegan, doesn't eat soy, and is gluten intolerant... I think she's just so hungry that she comes off as being disingenuous. lol
A) Zooey is hotawesomecute. (not new info)
ReplyDeleteB) Knowing it's her singing on that track I hear every December at Rogues makes it a little cooler and makes me wonder if I could have really liked it if not for the constant repetition. (new info)
C) I hear it AT LEAST once every shift for near a month. It's easily the most noticeably repeated song in the 3 or 4 Xmases I've been working at the shop, and that has already ruined the song for me. (not new info)
A. Totally
ReplyDeleteB. I forgot she was in Elf, actually
C. Waaaaaahhhh
>>C) I hear it AT LEAST once every shift for near a month.
ReplyDeleteTo the best of my knowledge, only Randy has the Elf version of "Baby It's Cold Outside", so you're only ever hearing it when he's got his iPod in. Which I believe is almost never this year. Past years, yeah, but not this year.
I've got one of the old school recordings of it, though. That's probably what you're remembering.
If it makes you feel any better, the Christmas music is there to inspire consumer holiday buying frenzy, not make your Scrooge-like heart blossom ;P
A) It's Nick's iPod, actually. I've got the Louis Prima version, and I forget who he's dueting with.
ReplyDeleteB) D3, if you keep bitching about X-Mas music at the store when we've been pretty sporadic about it, I may be forced to make an iPod playlist made up of *only* post-1980 pop X-Mas music and put it on heavy rotation whenever you're there, with the sole goal of "giving you something to cry about." ;)
I) Ah, three different versions of the same song... I can't say I've ever noticed any difference between them, but it explains why I hear the song in mind numbing repetition.
ReplyDeleteII) You do what you gotta do, Randy. The bitching to friends is how I manage to put on a fake smile and pretend it isn't driving me nuts the rest of the day.
III) I've decided to transition from letters to Roman Numerals to delineate my comments into sections.
IV) The Roman Numeral for 4 always makes me think of the medical term iv (intravenous).
you know, i think i kind of like her better as a blonde. weird.
ReplyDeletei have to say though fellas, and i hope this doesn't create any controversry, but i'm not really as sold on Deschanel as the rest of y'all. she's cute and all but it seems like there's something kind of off about her - to me anyways. like she's faking it or something. i can't quite put my finger on it, but she bugs me in a vague way. just not buyin' it.
Well she IS kind of weird. And I've seen her in at least two movies where she was mostly annoying (The Happening and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy). But those were also awful movies, so it was hard to judge.
ReplyDeleteBut, yeah, she may actually be someone I like more in theory than in practice. I want to see that 500 Days of Summer flick where she had the starring role. That will be the decider!
Let us know how it comes out.
ReplyDeleteweirdness per se does not bother me - i like Wynona Ryder and Helena Bonham-Carter after all - i just think in her case, and again not sure why exactly, that the quirky oddball thing is a put on. an act. disengenuous. calculated. like she realizes she is just "cute" and not lead actress "hot" and is playing up the fey thing to compensate. i could be totally wrong but that is how it strikes me.
I think she really truly is that weird. She's vegan, doesn't eat soy, and is gluten intolerant... I think she's just so hungry that she comes off as being disingenuous. lol
ReplyDeleteWhat the fuck left is there to eat after all that? Peanuts and Jewish souls?
ReplyDeleteDan FTW.
ReplyDelete>>I think she's just so hungry that she comes off as being disingenuous.
ReplyDeleteAlso great.
She *says* she pretty much lives on raw veggies and nuts... the Jewish souls must be binged upon in secrecy.
ReplyDelete