
The more I read about EPIC MICKEY, the more interested I am. It got me poking around YouTube for strange old Disney stuff and Disney's spookier outings. As a result, I'm gonna devote the final week of the Halloween Blogstravaganza exclusively to Disney. I've got some really cool stuff lined up, starting with...
PINK ELEPHANTS ON PARADE
This is from 1941's Dumbo, when Dumbo and his mouse buddy get blitzed. It's nightmarish, awesome, and extremely catchy ta boot:
This was my favorite part of the movie when I was a wee platypus.
ReplyDeleteI saw it and loved it as a kid, but it's all a blur now and I haven't seen it in forever. This part's so awesome, though, I may have to revisit it.
ReplyDeleteI also watched on YouTube the sequence with the racially stereotyped black crows singing "When I See an Elephant Fly." It's a great number in spite of the caricatures.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteD3 and I were talking just the other day about how gorgeous the animation was in old Disney movies (in particular, Bambie). I absolutely love the older Disney stuff and absolutely hate the new stuff. My number one complaint with the current era kid's movies/shows is the CGI, but, seriously, why do the production houses think everything has to be so obnoxious, high- pitched, and monkey- minded now? The whole family could sit down and enjoy the old stuff; the current stuff like Ratatouille and Sponge Bob makes me want to run screaming for the nearest Amish farm.
ReplyDelete"When I See an Elephant Fly" was one of my all time fave Disney songs. It's just an awesome jam.
ReplyDelete