I knew they were winding up to go after them, but this borders on taunting, lol. It starts out pretty yawn-tastic, then abruptly makes a total u-turn at the last second (sound is important).
This primetime network ad is the first time any phone or carrier has openly, directly, aggressively thrown down the gauntlet at AT&T and the iPhone. Oh, and it's actually a pretty cool little commercial, too.
yeah, I'm a bit of Google fanboy, but I have to admit that so far, the processors, ram, video chips, screens, etc on the various Android run handsets have been decided inferior to the iPhone's hardware, and T-Mobile (4th largest network) has been the primary carrier of Android devices. This testing phase made sense to feel out how Android would perform both technically and commercially before sinking a lot money into it. I suppose this advert means the testing phase is over.
The newest Android device, the Verizon Droid, has hardware that actually out benchmarks the iPhone 3gS on all fronts and is being carried on the largest and fastest cell network in the country. I'm sure it's also no coincidence that the phone will be going on sale and launching version 2.0 of Google's Mobile OS all in November right as Christmas shopping season starts shifting into high gear.
Now Apple has a long history of very successfully selling underpowered computers at high prices by using an extremely slick and proprietary user interface to compensate, and that philosophy has worked well for the iPhone so far. But nobody really knows how well it will work once there is hardware capable of competing with the iPhone, if not flatly outperforming, on the market since that's not yet ever happened at affordable prices.
This primetime network ad is the first time any phone or carrier has openly, directly, aggressively thrown down the gauntlet at AT&T and the iPhone. Oh, and it's actually a pretty cool little commercial, too.
ReplyDeleteyeah, I'm a bit of Google fanboy, but I have to admit that so far, the processors, ram, video chips, screens, etc on the various Android run handsets have been decided inferior to the iPhone's hardware, and T-Mobile (4th largest network) has been the primary carrier of Android devices. This testing phase made sense to feel out how Android would perform both technically and commercially before sinking a lot money into it. I suppose this advert means the testing phase is over.
The newest Android device, the Verizon Droid, has hardware that actually out benchmarks the iPhone 3gS on all fronts and is being carried on the largest and fastest cell network in the country. I'm sure it's also no coincidence that the phone will be going on sale and launching version 2.0 of Google's Mobile OS all in November right as Christmas shopping season starts shifting into high gear.
Now Apple has a long history of very successfully selling underpowered computers at high prices by using an extremely slick and proprietary user interface to compensate, and that philosophy has worked well for the iPhone so far. But nobody really knows how well it will work once there is hardware capable of competing with the iPhone, if not flatly outperforming, on the market since that's not yet ever happened at affordable prices.
yes, but will it fellate me?
ReplyDeleteThat's still the Holy Grail and still yet to be figured out. I think the communicators on Star Trek managed it; we just never saw it on screen.
ReplyDelete