And that, to me, sounds like a hell of a lot of fun. This game comes out next week, and it's from the same studio that did Fallout... I can't believe I've never even heard of it before.
If, that is, he himself hadn't already swiped liberally from pretty much everyone :)
Sidebar: listened to a really good interview with Tarantino on NPR a few days ago and will post a link to it later. Main topic is Inglorious Basterds, but they range a bit with it.
Incidentally, I watched a behind-the-scenes on this last week and thought it looked so Tarantino-by-committee that I instantly wrote it off...but this trailer looked okay. I'll try the demo.
Part of the problem with the behind-the-scenes vid is that Eliza Dushku does the voice of the main character, so there're lots of snippets with her saying inane, cliched things like, "It's this really cool game with a kick-ass chick in the lead," or, "They're really going for this kick-ass grindhouse style."
Ah, Eliza. You're hot, but you're kind of a dumb bimbo.
Apparently if you're lucky enough to have a functioning XBox, there's a demo of this up right now.
ReplyDeleteThat looks downright actionable for Tarantino.
ReplyDeleteIf, that is, he himself hadn't already swiped liberally from pretty much everyone :)
Sidebar: listened to a really good interview with Tarantino on NPR a few days ago and will post a link to it later. Main topic is Inglorious Basterds, but they range a bit with it.
Incidentally, I watched a behind-the-scenes on this last week and thought it looked so Tarantino-by-committee that I instantly wrote it off...but this trailer looked okay. I'll try the demo.
ReplyDeletePart of the problem with the behind-the-scenes vid is that Eliza Dushku does the voice of the main character, so there're lots of snippets with her saying inane, cliched things like, "It's this really cool game with a kick-ass chick in the lead," or, "They're really going for this kick-ass grindhouse style."
Ah, Eliza. You're hot, but you're kind of a dumb bimbo.
The graphics look a little dated, to me. Maybe that's supposed to play into the grindhouse theme, but instead it just looks sloppy.
ReplyDeleteYeah, the graphics look a little rough, and apparently the game is getting negative reviews from pretty much everywhere.
ReplyDeleteBut it is a cool trailer.
And yes, Eliza does not come off as the *smartest* person I've ever seen.