For some reason, I'd watch it when I stayed over at my grandmother's place. I think I had a crush on Stefanie Powers.
Now, behold, in all its cheesy glory, the opening of Hart to Hart.
(apologies for the skewed aspect ratio, but the YouTube one where it's fixed is less disco-y)
"That's Mrs. Heart...she's goorrrrrgous." Creepy, in a sort of old man pedophile way. Ever since I was a kid I used to watch this show with my grandmother when I stayed over and that beginning part with Max narrating always creeped me out.
ReplyDeleteWhat is it with this show and watching it with Grandma? :D
ReplyDeleteI remember seeing the intro a bunch of times, but I don't recall a single episode.
ReplyDeleteI gather it was like the old Thin Man movies, but with less wit and drinking and more big hair.
ReplyDeleteI don't really remember it beyond the intros either, though. I suspect the intro was a big part of why I watched it, with its inescapable disco beat and seeming promise of lightweight James Bond adventure.
Alas, I recall it skimping on the explosions and ski chases.
Jennifer and Jonathan, the Nick and Nora of our generation
ReplyDeleteAll you married couples on the blog need to become amateur detectives. It's fun, it's romantic, and you get to engage in witty banter around corpses!
ReplyDeleteJennifer and Jonathan, the Nick and Nora of our generation
ReplyDeleteNone of these four names rings a bell.
I did indeed see some Hart 2 Hart as a wee one; guess I didn't pay enough attention to remember names.
Nick and Nora are from the famous series of Thin Man detective movies from the 30s/40s. In fact, I just watched the original one with Dan the other night and it's a lot of fun - a genuine mystery with a lot of sly verbal sparring and a subtext of, well, drinking like a fish :)
ReplyDeleteThey spun out of a novel by Dashiel Hammett and are pretty much the inspiration for most any mystery/detective series with a witty couple at its center (Moonlighting, Elongated Man and Sue Dibney, maybe even John Steed and Emma Peel in The Avengers).
I wanna be a wittily bantering gumshoe!!!
ReplyDeleteI know, right?
ReplyDeleteused to watch this all the time, with and without my grandma.
ReplyDeletealso love the Thin Man flicks. classic stuff.