A burglar who broke into a house and threatened a pensioner with a knife got more than he bargained for when the victim turned out to be a retired boxer who left him bruised and bleeding.
Frank Corti, 72, who served with the Royal Engineers in North Africa from 1956-58, dodged the knife and punched Gregory McCalium, 23, twice in the face, giving him a black eye and a swollen lip. He then restrained the attacker until police arrived.
Speaking after the case, Mr Corti said: "I was scared when he first drew the knife, but my old training must have kicked in because I just punched him as hard as I could and he went down like a sack of spuds. If you can't defend what's yours, where are we at?"
McCalium had denied the charge and claimed he could not remember what happened.
To sum:
Douchbag (actual Facebook image)

+ tough ol' bastard

=
There is a part of me that's sad to realize that more often than not, I side with the old guys and not the "youth of today." I wonder, does that make me old?
ReplyDeleteBut it's a small part. The larger part of me is glad to see a douchebag get his fucking lights knocked out.
Fuck young people. I'm old and proud of it.
ReplyDeleteDon't get caught up in the old/young thing, y'all - this is just as much about a would-be victim proving to be a badass and a douchebag getting served.
ReplyDeletethat is just awesome.
ReplyDeleteHells yeah!
ReplyDelete