Comments

Get Your Nerd On

So, Lana told me I should make another nerdy video game music video to Do the Evolution, so I did. :) The player should have all the RE related videos I've done. As far as I know, I'm the only one who actually PLAYS the game, but that doesn't take away the awesomeness of my videos... ;p
(Turns out making these is my favorite time waster lately).

9 comments:

  1. You know what was super-creepy-gross? When the song goes "IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!" and all the tentacles spray out of that chick's mouth.

    But it's a good kind of gross :)

    Cool to see your editing evolving, too. I like the lightning cuts (whatever those are called) and whiteflash transitions.

    Only thing is, I may have to take Wesker away from you as a subject. The more cool and realistic the rest of the RE models get, the more silly his devotion to "early 90s chic" gets :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are pretty cool, Cindy. I added you as a youtube friend a while back and I've been checking out your videos :)

    Hey, what software do you use to do the editing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make these in good ol' iMovie '06... which is the most recent one my computers can handle. I'm sure '09 would have much more awesome things I could do.

    iMovie is part of the iLife suite that comes on every Mac; Apple's "weenie-baby" versions of their professional creative suites. I think the fancy version of this would be Final Cut Pro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And to 1st Dave's comments:

    Evolution is the song I finally realized I can match up timing stuff to the audio wave, instead of just playing it by ear. This helped especially since I can't preview it in real time. :(
    My computer can't even play videos here on the blog in any decent way anymore. ...It's elderly...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, well thanks for the answer. Too bad it's Apple-only proprietary software :(

    Guess I'll just have to look around to see what PC guys are using.

    How about the next Resident Evil video be something silly? Like some gangsta rap or maybe some Weird Al? Just an idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool stuff, Cindy :)
    And Dave, I always thought Wesker's look was more "1980's era douche-bag," but I could be wrong...

    And (D3)Dave, Microsoft has a version of the Apple software that's the same thing-i think it's just called MovieMaker, but I can't remember...I'll check.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wesker looks more like a timeless douche bag, to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. D3-- me & Lana agreed, timeless douche bag needed to be a tag, and it is done.

    And, on the YouTube page the newest video is on, I actually DID mention "requests" in the info. So- if you have a particular song in mind, I *just* may make it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think "Timeless Douchebag" was a Michael Bolton album.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.