Also... this may fall under crappy for you, but... If you're willing to look hard, you can find all kinds of junk that will work well as a book end just laying around. Bricks with oldschool imprinted writin on them, cool looking rocks, and railroad equipment are a few examples of things I've found.
Have you tried searching out some very small dwarves? I hear they'll just stand there, holding books, and wish only to be paid in tasty crackers. Most likely chicken in a biscuit.
I've had hit and miss luck at Goodwill at times.
ReplyDeleteAlso... this may fall under crappy for you, but... If you're willing to look hard, you can find all kinds of junk that will work well as a book end just laying around. Bricks with oldschool imprinted writin on them, cool looking rocks, and railroad equipment are a few examples of things I've found.
Ikea has some potentially "crappy" bookends, lol- they are plastic, but sturdy.
ReplyDeleteKeep the suggestions coming, if anyone's got 'em. The plastic bookends from IKEA sound like a possibility.
ReplyDeleteBricks...uh...not so much ;) That's the kind of thing that works if you're either supercool or a mountain man.
I aspire to both, but it's a long, lonely road.
Walmart has metal ones like the ones we have at the store. It's fucking Walmart, but they hold books up.
ReplyDeleteHave you tried searching out some very small dwarves? I hear they'll just stand there, holding books, and wish only to be paid in tasty crackers.
ReplyDeleteMost likely chicken in a biscuit.
They prefer to be called little people, Cindy.
ReplyDelete>>Have you tried searching out some very small dwarves?
ReplyDeleteI've done this before, and it's like the old saying goes:
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on dwarves.
God damn I want some chicken in a god-damned biskit right now.
ReplyDeleteadded dwarf week tag
ReplyDelete