I'm sorry but I could only make it to the 1 minute mark. How DARE HE put that zombie and corpse at a lower human likeness percentage than Michael Jackson!
Whoa, seven parts - it's a biggie-lecture. I'll check out the rest later, but it's pretty interesting stuff. There've been times when I thought the Uncanny Valley was a bit BS (it's been buzzing around the internet for several years now), propagated to take potshots at movies like The Polar Express (which didn't seem near so creepy as everyone made out - except for CGI Tom Hanks).
But this coverage seems more nuanced. I'll look into it.
Lastly: the morphing progression they show around 2:50 looks like a Gelfling in the third and fourth drawings. You want creepy? Gelflings are creepy.
I'm sorry but I could only make it to the 1 minute mark. How DARE HE put that zombie and corpse at a lower human likeness percentage than Michael Jackson!
ReplyDeleteWhoa, seven parts - it's a biggie-lecture. I'll check out the rest later, but it's pretty interesting stuff. There've been times when I thought the Uncanny Valley was a bit BS (it's been buzzing around the internet for several years now), propagated to take potshots at movies like The Polar Express (which didn't seem near so creepy as everyone made out - except for CGI Tom Hanks).
ReplyDeleteBut this coverage seems more nuanced. I'll look into it.
Lastly: the morphing progression they show around 2:50 looks like a Gelfling in the third and fourth drawings. You want creepy? Gelflings are creepy.
That dude is as boring as fuck.
ReplyDelete