Comments

Thanks, Dave!

the website in your game cover art post had a couple pieces for a game called Braid:



never heard of it and i was intrigued so i looked it up. basically a puzzle/platformer with the traditional jumping around and collecting things, but with the twist that if you screw something up you can REWIND AND DO IT OVER.

i like this idea since i pretty much suck at platform games. more than that however, the time manipulation is integral to the gameplay and solving the clever puzzles. the visuals are beautiful and the music is very nice.


Braid trailer from David Hellman on Vimeo.

i downloaded the free PC demo last night and played it some, it's also out on Xbox.

4 comments:

  1. Some of my friends know that I actually became kind of obsessive about Braid for a few weeks. Great game, if sometimes quite frustrating, and fascinatingly avant-garde in its themes.

    The game's non-linear time-changey stuff actually got in my head to the point where, one morning in a half-awake, half-dreaming state, I kept hitting the snooze button imagining it was okay to oversleep - I'd just "rewind" later to get up at the right time.

    Nutty, huh?

    But yeah, awesomely original game. I had to cheat a few times and look online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to spend a bit more time with this one. It's got such a relaxing 'vibe' to it. Really unlike any game I've played.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That relaxing vibe is what it wants you to think.


    Soon, you'll be sucked in, and find yourself weeping in frustrating.


    (semi-true story).

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true.

    And beyond the somewhat insane learning curve of the game (it looks like Mario, but it don't play nothin' like it), its themes get increasingly dark as you progress. Don't be surprised if it leaves you with a case of existential angst when all's said and done.

    But the learning curve's my only real complaint. Once I realized how the game wanted the player to start thinking, I loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.