Anyway, I think what we're seeing in the last decade or so is internet-style humor becoming much more influential. And internet humor is weirder, more intentionally esoteric, more absurdist. I think Burger King's "The King" campaign sums it all up in a nutshell.
I'm a fan.
The good news, if you're not, is that Eddie Murphy and Steve Martin are still around. Give 'em a paycheck and they'll star in any Nutty Professor or Pink Panther sequel you want!
I can not even begin to describe the magnitude of just how f-ing awesome that video was.
ReplyDeleteLike a Boss indeed, Good Sirs.
Bring back Eddie Murphy and Steve Martin. I don't get this new shit at all.
ReplyDeleteOh, Ben.
ReplyDelete;D
Anyway, I think what we're seeing in the last decade or so is internet-style humor becoming much more influential. And internet humor is weirder, more intentionally esoteric, more absurdist. I think Burger King's "The King" campaign sums it all up in a nutshell.
I'm a fan.
The good news, if you're not, is that Eddie Murphy and Steve Martin are still around. Give 'em a paycheck and they'll star in any Nutty Professor or Pink Panther sequel you want!