The trailer's finally out for Spike Jonze's Where the Wild Things Are. I am very taken with it.
I highly, highly recommend watching the trailer in Quicktime, especially hi-def, both of which you can do RIGHT HERE, but even this embedded video has a button you can click for hi-def:
loved this book as a kid. only read it once or twice, though, in the grade school library, until some kid drew dicks on the monsters and they removed it.
ReplyDeleteWas that kid you?
ReplyDeleteIt's funny, it's one of the top-dog beloved kids books, but it actually didn't make much of an impact on me as a kid - even though I loved the art.
ReplyDeleteThe movie seems like it's meant to be its own beast, in any case. From what I've read, Sendak's consulting but encouraging Jonze to do his own thing, make something personal, etc. So my excitement's based on the movie (hopefully) succeeding on its own merits.
Oh, and my brother and I once drew joints in the mouths of Star Wars characters in an old treasury-sized comic (this was the heyday of Cheech and Chong), but we'd never stoop to drawing dicks.
We weren't freaks.
> Was that kid you?
ReplyDeleteno. at that point in my artistic career i had not yet come to appreciate the magnificence of the dick joke.
now i draw dicks on everything.