I think I'll be just skipping in genera this time around.
On a semi related note, I downloaded the Guitar Hero Metallica demo. Songs were fun but it also had the unintended effect of convincing me I don't want to buy Guitar Hero World Tour.
Actually, I'm not a *huge* Pearl Jam fan, but I do love playing "Alive." Since I'm not gonna buy the whole album, could one of you guys who knows it better recommend two or three tracks that you think are the best?
Oh, and I'm not a big Pearl Jam fan myself. Ten, their first major album, was spectacular, but just about everything else was self indulgent and mediocre to my ear.
So far I've only bought "Jeremy," but only b/c I lack $. Otherwise, I'd buy it all. For you, Randy- may I suggest some Oceans or Deep? A bit more sing-songy, less shouty, which I think Master Lander may prefer. Deep is probably more interesting on instruments than Oceans. D3's suggestions are good, too; I may lean more toward Once.
I think I'll be just skipping in genera this time around.
ReplyDeleteOn a semi related note, I downloaded the Guitar Hero Metallica demo. Songs were fun but it also had the unintended effect of convincing me I don't want to buy Guitar Hero World Tour.
Journey, D3. Come on. Don't stop believing.
ReplyDeleteS'what I'm talking about. Journey and Pat Benatar, but mainly - Journey.
ReplyDeleteI don't know Glasvegas - I'll look them up. Von Bondies are a'ight, but I don't think I'll actually download 'em.
Totally buying Journey, Von Bondies and Pat Benatar. No interest in the other, unless someone discovers that Glasvegas is really good or something.
ReplyDeleteAnd Suzanne, who hates Spongebob, would probably kill me if I downloaded those. Fortunately, I have zero interest.
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1404/dontstop.jpg
ReplyDelete...Suzanne, who hates Spongebob, would probably kill me if I downloaded those...
ReplyDeleteThis is the ONLY correct response.
All that really matters is what no one cared to mention. Last week the entire Ten album went up...
ReplyDelete...If only I wasn't broke. :(
"entire Ten album"
ReplyDeleteI'm so wet right now.
Crazy Pearl Jam freaks. ;)
ReplyDeleteActually, I'm not a *huge* Pearl Jam fan, but I do love playing "Alive." Since I'm not gonna buy the whole album, could one of you guys who knows it better recommend two or three tracks that you think are the best?
Even Flow, should be fun for vocals and guitar, killer solo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zHSUDrLDBQ
ReplyDeleteAlive, seems you already like it
Once, another fun one for vocals and guitar. slow intro, but 45 seconds in, the song turns great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPkz7bZoq18
Oh, and I'm not a big Pearl Jam fan myself. Ten, their first major album, was spectacular, but just about everything else was self indulgent and mediocre to my ear.
ReplyDeleteSo far I've only bought "Jeremy," but only b/c I lack $. Otherwise, I'd buy it all.
ReplyDeleteFor you, Randy- may I suggest some Oceans or Deep? A bit more sing-songy, less shouty, which I think Master Lander may prefer. Deep is probably more interesting on instruments than Oceans.
D3's suggestions are good, too; I may lean more toward Once.
I am, by the way, a Pearl Jam freak. And think Rock Band should continue this trend. Imagine some Love Boat Captain, Green Disease or I Am Mine??
ReplyDeleteIMAGINE IT!
What about Yellow Ledbetter. Is it even possible to sing those lyrics? Instant fail. Great guitar though.
ReplyDelete