The tracks:
Drive By Truckers: 3 Dimes Down
Lucinda Williams: Can't Let Go
Neko Case: People Got a Lot of Nerve
Old 97s: Time Bomb (LIVE)
Steve Earle: Satellite Radio
Jimmy Eat World: Futures
Jimmy Eat World: Lucky Denver Mint
Jimmy Eat World: Sweetness
I may be the only one here doing it, but I'm likely to download most or all of the alt country tunes. Some I notably like and the others sounds interesting (even though the live YouTube stuff has dodgy as hell audio), but I also just want support the genre for future releases.
So there ya go.
Time Bomb is a fantastic, energetic song.
ReplyDeleteXbox returns to my home soon. Will likely get the Lucinda Williams track.
ReplyDeletePS - Dave rules for including youtube links
The Old 97s are rad. They play in Austin all the time and it is always a fun, high energy show.
ReplyDeleteHmmmm, I guess I like alt country. Never would have guessed.
Downloaded and quickie-tested all of 'em on guitar - an awesome set as far as I'm concerned, with Lucinda Williams and the Old 97s getting particularly high marks.
ReplyDeleteRandy, even you'll probably want to get "Time Bomb." It's almost more indie rock than alt country, and it's quite the jam.