Here's the teaser trailer slated to run during the Superbowl. You have two options to watch it:
Hi-Def Quicktime
Or good ol', grainy YouTube:
Geek Notes:
*Definitely a "set-up" movie, as Destro (played by Doctor Who's Christopher Eccleston) seems to be the main badguy. Saving Cobra Commander for the "to be continued" ending?
*Why the fuck ain't Destro in his pimp mask? This blog has a "smoove pimpin' Destro" tag and I refuse to use it for this!
*The action looks decent as it flies by impossibly fast, but I'm not wild about the acrobatics element. Apparently the Joes have some kind of next-gen armor that enhances their strength and agility. WTF, yo? Works for Snake-Eyes, not the others.
*As we all suspected...the Baroness and her breasteses look pretty cool.
Cobra Commander's definitely in the flick. Joseph Gordon Levitt (of "Brick" fame) is cast in the role.
ReplyDeleteNot digging the super-acrobatic Matrix-y G.I. Joe team.
However, crashing the Eiffel tower is a very Cobra-esque move, Snake-Eyes looks bad ass in his few moments and Dennis Quaid's moment as Hawk is nifty as well.
And yes, the Baroness looks about right.
I am mildly curious, but still expect this to be a bad movie. Which I might see in the theater despite those expectations, since I'm a G.I. Joe geek.
>>Cobra Commander's definitely in the flick. Joseph Gordon Levitt (of "Brick" fame) is cast in the role.
ReplyDeleteOh, right, I knew he was in it somewhere (he's played by the kid from Brick, right?) - it just seems like they might be doing a weird inversion of the comics, where Cobra Commander was there from the beginning, with Destro coming out of the shadows only a little ways into it. So we flip that for the movie and Destro's the Big Bad, but we periodically see Cobra Commander pulling the strings from the shadows. I figure Nick probably knows all this stuff for sure - I think he's read all the script reviews with spoilers 'n stuff.
Why do I think we just saw every cool moment?
ReplyDeleteDan, there's bound to be some incredibly rich and nuanced dialogue along with fully developed character arcs wrought with pathos.
ReplyDeleteOh, wait. Stephen Sommers directed this?
Nevermind. Dan, you're right.
Don't be dissin' on Stephen Sommers, fool. The scene where G.I. Joe Sky Strikers face off against a horde of Dr. Mindbender's genetically mutated griffons is gonna be da bomb!
ReplyDeleteHuh. That actually came out cooler-sounding than I intended it to.
ReplyDeleteAmen. That description would put my butt in a seat on opening night.
ReplyDelete