Comments

Rock Band Club - January 20, 2009

Figured I'd kick off a regular update on upcoming downloadable content so we can coordinate purchases. Here's what's hitting next week:

Release Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 (Xbox LIVE Marketplace) and Thursday, January 22, 2009 (PlayStation®Store)

Tracks:

Steve Miller Band “Space Cowboy”
Steve Miller Band “Take the Money and Run”
Steve Miller Band “The Joker”
Godsmack “I Stand Alone”
Belly “Feed the Tree”
Ghost Hounds “Wind Me Up”
Mute Math “Typical”
Rob Zombie “War Zone”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

Price:
$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track or $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for the Steve Miller Band 3-pack


Who's gettin' what? The one thing I'm sure of is I'll be nabbing the Steve Miller stuff.

12 comments:

  1. Probably getting the Steve Miller stuff in a couple weeks. Probably not getting anything else.

    Randy? Cindy? Ben? Anybody else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... Dunno. I'll probably get Feed the Tree :). Maybe one of the Steve Miller, not all 3, tho...

    ReplyDelete
  3. >>Maybe one of the Steve Miller, not all 3, tho...

    But how could you choose? They're all GREAT!!

    Okay, "great" may be pushing it, but Miller's best stuff rates as some of the funnest singalong tracks in rock history.

    The other offerings I'm less familiar with - gotta listen to some samples later tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. >>>Miller's best stuff rates as some of the funnest singalong tracks in rock history.

    Word. I will be wholeheartedly campaigning for their addition to D3's songlist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll pick up the Miller. I don't know any of the other stuff.

    Also, the first rule of Rock Band Club is: YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT ROCK BAND CLUB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. None of the other stuff (that Rob Zombie track is new, from the Punisher War Zone movie, and it's *heinously* bad), but I'll definitely get Steve Miller. I've already got The Joker on Guitar Hero World Tour, but nobody multiplays that, so I'm buying it on Rock Band.

    Don't know Space Cowboy off-hand, though... have to go look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you blog about Rock band Club? As for Steve Miller, the choices may cause me to fall asleep mid-song. They should've had Rock'n Me...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Something weird: when I saw the title "Space Cowboy" I just mentally thought of it as "The Joker" since it uses that phrase. I guess I don't actually know the song, but here it is:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4AQ984SyJ0

    Seems a'ight.

    Also: just out of curiosity, did anyone pick up the Lenny Kravitz stuff? I'm not a big fan, but I heard "Are You Gonna Go My Way?" in the car today and I was thinkin' "hmm...maybe!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. Space Cowboy is a pretty decent track, but not spectacular.

    2. Rock'n Me would have been nice indeed. And probably better than Space Cowboy. Good call, Cindy.

    3. Pretty much all Rob Zombie stuff is heinously bad imho. White Zombie, on the other, hand is great (kinda like how the Beatles rule and Wings sucks). I'd love to see some stuff from White Zombie's La Sexorcista album like Thunderkiss 65 or Black Sunshine or pretty much any damn song on the album.

    4. I will almost certainly get Are You Gonna Go My Way when I get the Miller stuff; I need to take a look at the rest of the Kravitz stuff before deciding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. Isn't "Rockin' Me" already on Rock Band? Pretty sure it is. But "Fly Like An Eagle" would have been nice, although maybe a bit too mellow for Rock Band.

    2. If anyone is getting only one Steve Miller download, I suggest "Take the Money and Run." "The Joker" is an awesome song, but "Take The Money and Run" is, for my money, the best Steve Miller song.

    3. It's funny, I never distinguish between Rob Zombie and White Zombie, but you're right, D3, White Zombie has some good tracks. I'd totally buy Thunderkiss 65 or Two Lane Blacktop.

    4. I will buy "Are You Gonna Go My Way" if everybody else does. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't own Rock Band, but that Godsmack song is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. For the record: bought "Are You Gonna..." and "Let Love Rule" from Kravitz and I'm not regretting 'em. Only played 'em on medium vocals and hard drums so far, but I likey.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.