Comments

The Big Bads

I originally wanted to name my Buffy-themed Rock Band "The Scooby Gang" or "Once More With Feeling" (if you know the show, you know the references), but both were taken so I opted for "The Big Bads" and apparently beat the online community to the punch.

I think the likenesses came out surprisingly good given Rock Band's limited facial models. From left to right we've got Willow (bass), Giles (vocals), Buffy (lead guitar) and Xander (drums):



If only they could play the cheesy guitar rock track from the opening of every episode...

8 comments:

  1. Nice! I think the Xander in particular is impressive, because he should be a bland, hard-to-identify character, but in with the group, with that haircut and that facial expression, it just clicks immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I had trouble with the haircuts with my Trek band - the slightly exaggerated art of Rock Band didn't quite work for them - but it coincided pretty perfectly for Xander. The face aligned pretty nicely too.

    I also discovered that Rock Band has a 24 character limit, so if I want to have some alts - Angel, Faith, Spike - I'll have to make some cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not having watched the show, I'm not all that familiar, but I still spotted them before reading the text of the post. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work. Although if you appreciate inside references, you shouldn't criticize the Buffy theme. It's by the band Nerf Herder.

    Did I just blow anyone's mind?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never really listened to Nerf Herder, but somehow I do have their song "Mr. Spock" (which I dig) on my iPod.

    Are all their songs sorta geeky/nerdy or what?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont know much about them, but I do remember they had a single that got a lot of radio play (at least in Austin) called "Van Halen." It was a tribute song about the bands career - mostly Roth leaving and Hagar joining...then leaving. It had a bunch of lyrics from songs and album titles. Pretty clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found her - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0j0xBfRasw

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.