I wonder if all the head shops closed up for a day of mourning?
Naw, seriously, Bettie was great - an icon whose sexy/innocent combo we're not likely to see again. I actually watched and enjoyed the bio pic, The Notorious Bettie Page, a year ago, and if it's even remotely accurate, it's fascinating how genuinely innocent it all was to her.
It's also interesting that she died so close to the comic artist Dave Stevens, whose use of her likeness in The Rocketeer definitely helped reawaken interest - at least in comic circles.
>>>I actually watched and enjoyed the bio pic, The Notorious Bettie Page, a year ago, and if it's even remotely accurate, it's fascinating how genuinely innocent it all was to her.
I wonder if all the head shops closed up for a day of mourning?
ReplyDeleteNaw, seriously, Bettie was great - an icon whose sexy/innocent combo we're not likely to see again. I actually watched and enjoyed the bio pic, The Notorious Bettie Page, a year ago, and if it's even remotely accurate, it's fascinating how genuinely innocent it all was to her.
It's also interesting that she died so close to the comic artist Dave Stevens, whose use of her likeness in The Rocketeer definitely helped reawaken interest - at least in comic circles.
>>>I actually watched and enjoyed the bio pic, The Notorious Bettie Page, a year ago, and if it's even remotely accurate, it's fascinating how genuinely innocent it all was to her.
ReplyDeleteAs did I; word.