And here's the deal: the movie, titled JCVD, is a metacontext thing. It's about the real Van Damme...sorta...
Here's the description:
Between his tax problems and his legal battle with his wife for the custody of his daughter, these are hard times for the action movie star who finds that even Steven Seagal has pinched a role from him! In JCVD, Jean-Claude Van Damme returns to the country of his birth to seek the peace and tranquility he can no longer enjoy in the United States.Here's the trailer:
And here's a review.
Did any of you Fantastic Fest attendees see this? Nate? Jason? I'm gonna be sad if it's anything but awesome.
I didn't get a chance to see it, but it picked up third place in the audience vote category.
ReplyDeleteAh, Fantastic Fest. Maybe next year I'll get to enjoy it.
I was blown away. It's funny, interesting, and at times very moving. It really did kind of come out of nowhere.
ReplyDelete