Comments

Dawn of the Dead


I know we've all seen the 2004 remake. Fantastic movie. So good that I'm linking to the cool, intro preview they released to the internet before the movie - a slightly pared down version of the opening five minutes. I was pretty skeptical at the time, but this convinced me I needed to see this movie (I'd embed the vid, but they disabled embedding - bastards!)

These next guys didn't, though. Here's the credit sequence featuring awesome musical accompaniment by Johnny Cash:



And lastly, a sing-a-long! Here's the mall survivors montage sequence with Richard Cheese's lounge cover of "Down with the Sickness," complete with lyrics AND a minor bit of nudity that YouTube hasn't caught yet!

5 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the original or the remake. They're both on my Netflix queue, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow. Let me know what you think.

    I know that for a lot of folks, the remake managed to surpass the original, and I gotta say - it really is excellent, the model for remakes alongside Carpenter's The Thing and Cronenberg's The Fly. Notably more of a "crowd pleaser" than the original, too.

    At the same time, though, there's something about the original that gets under my skin much more. It's darker, it opens in a sort of oblique way that makes it feel more "real" to me, and it simply has the benefit of being FIRST.

    Actually, Dan, give me a shout when you're coming up on watching the original if you don't mind another viewer. Been ages since I've seen it and I'd like to take it in again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, man. We still need to watch Flight of the Conchords, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably my favorite credits sequence. Great stuff. After this, 300, and Watchmen though, I'm interested to see if Zach Snyder can come up with any of his own ideas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot damn, this is indeed one of the best remakes. It's like they took the original, stripped out the social commentary, and replaced with raw, unrefined awesome.

    And yes, that credits sequence is unrivaled.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.