That's pretty cool! I only looked at it for the first time today because I thought I'd already seen it, but the video I'd seen was more of a 40s-era mash-up of film clips. More noir than silent era. I'll definitely check out the rest of the clips.
Jason, you're aware of Mark Millar's hoax from several years ago about an aborted Orson Welles Batman project, right? I'm sure you are, since Harry Knowles got suckered by it. For any who missed it, though...
Millar picked some great details to make it seem real. At one point, for instance, he wonders why the Welles treatment changes Martha Wayne to "Mary Wayne." Never suggests an answer, but it sure sounds like the kind of weird changes Hollywood makes, doesn't it? Very clever.
In fact, I think I like that hoax over anything else Millar's ever written!
"A DEAR mother..."
ReplyDelete"A DEAD mother!"
That's pretty cool! I only looked at it for the first time today because I thought I'd already seen it, but the video I'd seen was more of a 40s-era mash-up of film clips. More noir than silent era. I'll definitely check out the rest of the clips.
Jason, you're aware of Mark Millar's hoax from several years ago about an aborted Orson Welles Batman project, right? I'm sure you are, since Harry Knowles got suckered by it. For any who missed it, though...
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=14529
And Harry Knowles buying into it hook, line and sinker...
http://www.aintitcool.com/?q=node/16188
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah! I remember that, but didn't know Millar had perpetrated the whole thing. I thought he was a victim, too. Nonetheless, it's all very clever.
ReplyDeleteMillar picked some great details to make it seem real. At one point, for instance, he wonders why the Welles treatment changes Martha Wayne to "Mary Wayne." Never suggests an answer, but it sure sounds like the kind of weird changes Hollywood makes, doesn't it? Very clever.
ReplyDeleteIn fact, I think I like that hoax over anything else Millar's ever written!