Comments

First Glimpse at G.I. Joe Warren Ellis Style

11 comments:

  1. OK, that was actually kinda badass. Great action, very anime-inspired. This could turn out to be very good after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told y'all Ellis would be a professional about it!

    (>_<)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't like dismissive way the intro sequence was handled. It felt like a slap in the face to the old cartoon.

    I also didn't like the nonstop killing.

    Lastly, I felt the anime style was far too over the top and extreme. It's a bad fit for the property in my eyes. I almost laughed at the craptastic way Roadblock's face was exaggerated in the last scene, but I was too busy mourning.

    It was only a first look captured on a cam, so I'm still going to give it a chance, but I have very low expectations now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I'm not particularly interested in a new G.I. Joe - likely whether it's good or bad. My nostalgia for the old comics pretty much has me covered.

    But as a pure action sequence, that clip looked pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GI Joe? More like GI BLOW! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    Ellis rapes dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't make me return your novel, Nate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He might rape dogs, but he's actually a decent writer when he's not on autopilot.

    I don't think the trailer is bad necessarily; I thought it was fun and action packed actually.

    I just think the anime influence and killing spree were bad fits for the property is all. If this were an all new property, I'd probably be excited.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just joshin'. In all seriousness, Ellis is one of my favorite writers. He has been for a long time. I just can't resist a good dog-rape joke (or a bad one, apparently).

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a joke?

    Oh shit... I better call the ASPCA back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those dogs were asking for it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.