Comments

I'd tell you that Hellboy 2 was pretty good . . .

But none of you sonsabitches would believe me.









Seriously, though - it was like the first movie, only turned up to 11. And this may be one of the most visually stunning movies I've ever seen. They just went absolutely nuts on the art direction. Fantastic action sequences, too, with a nice dose of humor. Not a great film. Far from genius (as Massawyrm will soon tell you). But still - a big, extra-buttered bucket of movie popcorn.

3 comments:

  1. Y'know, I rewatched Hellboy Numero Uno yesterday and had a lot more fun on second viewing. Moderated expectations, taking the movie as a slightly "Ultimized" version, all that stuff...

    So I'm actually pretty decently psyched to see Numero Dos.

    One question: does Del Toro manage to sneak the Spanish Civil War into this flick? That boy loves him some Spanish Civil War!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I was certainly looking for at least a reference to it. I didn't catch any, unfortunately. Lots of Pan's Labyrinth like elements, though (most of which are visible in the trailer).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw it, and Jason's right for once- it was quite good. Not amazing, but I had a good time. Some of the effects were excellent.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.