Comments

The Hulk

I know that in these parts, asking me what I thought of a movie is akin to asking a hooker to define cepheid variable, but for what it's worth, the Hulk was a lot of fun.

Not a great movie, by any stretch, and it falls short of Iron Man's greatness, but it's still a spot-on popcorn flick. 'Hulk Smash' indeed. While I thought Ang Lee's betrayed a certain disdain for the source material, this version embraces it with zeal. There are more nods to the comics than I could count. It's heavily laden with easter eggs. While it's rather faithful to all of that and takes entire scenes from both original continuity and the Ultimates, it melds content from the tv show in such a way that it felt really natural.

Oh, and some kick ass fight scenes -- the kind of Hulk mayhem we've all wanted to see since we were kids.



To get all SPOILER-tastic (spoilers in white font, highlight to read):



Mr. Magee!
Jim Wilson
Doc Samson
The Leader
Dr Reinstein
the super-soldier serum
Weapon Plus
SHIELD (but no Nick Fury)
Weapons designed by Stark Industries

and of course -- a great appearance from Robert Downey Jr

3 comments:

  1. Well, great. Jason liked it. Get ready for a perfect storm of crap Thursday night, guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry 'bout the spoilers, everyone. That was inconsiderate of me. Apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, having now seen it, and then come back here to read the post...

    I thought I was an uber-comic nerd, but I don't know who Mr. Magee and Dr. Reinstein are.

    My favorite cameos are the (unnamed, but it's pretty obvious) Leonard Samson and of course the big reveal of Mr. Blue and what that sets up for the sequel.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.