Angry Video Game Nerd takes on the earliest Indiana Jones games and it's a thing of beauty:
For the record, I won the original 2600 Indy game several times back in the day. Dunno how we knew what was what, but I think we must've gotten the goods from a video game magazine or something.
GOD. DAMN. IT.
ReplyDeleteI played that fucking Atari 2600 Indiana Jones game. Played it to its completion, somehow figuring out what to do, and I had mercifully blocked it out.
Seeing it again just brought all of that frustration back. Seriously, it's a miracle that piece of shit didn't put me off videogames forever.
Argh. You know what? The Indiana Jones Atari 2600 game makes Indy 4 look like Raiders of the Lost Ark.
I played the 2600 game and never got past those first three screens. It's right up there with fucking ET for me. Except I actually beat ET. I also played that Temple of Doom game, and I don't remember ever figuring out how to use those weapons.
ReplyDelete