Comments

Devil Slayer in the Fall

Well it was announced today that Brian Keene (friend of mine and past STAPLE! guest) will be reinventing Devil Slayer this fall for a four issue MAX series. New man in the suit, new origin, same spirit of the original character (at least that's how Brian explained it to me).

Don't know if Kaare Andrews will be the artist for the entire series or if he just worked on character designs, but here's a look. Enjoy.


Abandoned by his fiancĂ©e, his family, his church, and his government, Sergeant Dan Sylva returns to Iraq for a third tour of duty—and a descent into Hell itself. If the demon Belathauzer and the mysterious mercenary group known as Bloodstone have their way, Iraq, the place where civilization began, may also be where civilization ends. The reinvented Devil-Slayer takes Marvel to terrifying new heights, from award-winning horror novelist Brian Keene (THE RISING, DARK HOLLOW).

2 comments:

  1. Nate, are you aware of my odd fondness for the original Devil Slayer? Actually, it's kind of a joking fondness, but some of my earliest comics were some freaky Defenders issues that gave Devil Slayer a spotlight. That and a Marvel Team-Up with Spider-Man.

    Now I think part of what I dug was that the dude was so extreme as far as fitting into the rest of the Marvel U, so I can't say how I'll react him running his own book, but at the very least the sketches look fantastic and the solicit sounds promising.

    Good luck to your bud. I'll definitely give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty interested actually.

    The sketches are in fact, pretty great looking

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.