I'm not sure who, other than the regular gang, checks out the blog but anyone who is interested Lana, Ben, myself and others envite you, next Saturday May 3rd, to:
A Mini-Scenario Event
Report Date: 3 May 2008 0800hrs
Scenario Created by former military combat veterans: 1LT William Toporek 519th MI Bn AIRBORNE(ret.) and SGT Mark McKane 4-5 ADA 1st CAVALRY DIVISION(ret.) based on real-life military missions and operations!
The communist Krasnovians have pushed past Tashkent in Uzbekistan! The US Peacekeeping Force is on the run. This is a chance for the paratroopers of the 82nd to get their revenge for Alpha:Apocalypse. The battle for Uzbekistan continues in dramatic paint filled warfare!
$35 Registration Fee Day of the Event. Pre-Register for $25 and get Side Choice!
EVENT PAINT ONLY! Walk-ons Welcome. Free CO2 and All Day Air. Extensive Props. Rental Equipment Available.
Field Grade Paint $60 case (2000 Rnds.) Premium Grade Paint $70 case. Tournament Grade Paint $80 case.
PRIZES for performance! Professional Role-Players. Mil-Sim Missions.
BIGGER…BETTER…MORE PROPS…NASTIER MISSIONS…MORE SPECIAL OPS
Xtreme Paintball 7415 Burleson-Manor Rd Manor, TX 78653
Located just 15 miles from downtown AUSTIN!
For more information or to pre-register go to http://www.xtremepb.net/registration.html or call 512-796-9760
We hope to see some of you there!
William (aka COL Jack Spartan) and Lana (aka Der Kommissar Major Zenya) Toporek
And if you're not going (or even if you are), I'd like to remind you that May 3rd is also my biggest day of the year, Free Comic Book Day, so come by the shop and get free comics.
ReplyDeleteUnless you work there, of course. In that case, you'll already be there.
So, uh...
Never mind if you work at my store and read this comment. Sorry.
Having volunteered for Mission Alpha, I can vouch for the awesomeness of William's paintball scenerios. It was the first time I'd seen scenario paintball and watching the troops in action made me regret that I was only there as an unarmed NPC ;)
ReplyDeleteStonewall the Krasnovians!
Also: meant to ask you, William - where'd the name Jack Spartan come from? If I'm not mistaken, it might be the name of Stallone's character in one of the very movies we're watching tonight, but I'm not 100% sure.
ReplyDeletePersonally I think you should've tributed Steven Seagal's small but pivotal role in Executive Decision as the one and only...COL. AUSTIN TRAVIS!
That was John Spartan, Dave.
ReplyDeleteOnly his friends call him Jack Spartan.
And he's too much of a maniac to have friends.
Okay, this brings up two very important questions...
ReplyDelete1) How is it that I'm always out of town on the day of these paintball scenarios?
2) Did I miss movie night again?
To answer Dave and Randy. It was a combination of Jack Burton (Kurt Russel's Character from Big Trouble in Little China) and John Spartan (Stallone from Demolition Man). My first choice was to be S.D. "Snake" Plissken but I figured that would be too obvious plus my "Call Sign" is Spartan on the radio so it just fit.
ReplyDelete>>1) How is it that I'm always out of town on the day of these paintball scenarios?
ReplyDeleteCowardice!
That's why we call you Hanoi Nate.
>>2) Did I miss movie night again?
Depending on your perspective, you either missed out or lucked out. Tango & Cash was bad in a very special way, while Demolition Man proved to hold up pretty well and still has some genuine wit.
<< Cowardice!
ReplyDeleteThat's why we call you Hanoi Nate. >>
That's why?
I thought it was because of where he caught his V.D.