Comments

Trailer for Lost Boys 2: The Tribe

After 21 dateless years, Lost Boys fans will finally get the sequel they may or may not have been asking for. Corey Feldman and Corey Haim will both be reprising their roles as the Frog brothers. Trailer looks, well it looks like MTV got its hands all over it. But its worth a viewing if only to hear the new rock remix of the "Thou Shalt Not Kill" theme from the first.

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1583178&vid=215326

Unrelated, my name's James and this is my inaugural post to the blog. Excelsior!

10 comments:

  1. Welcome James - btw...3000th post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey James, nice to see you on here. D3 is my alter ego; I'm David Martindale.

    James is the younger brother of one of my best friends from high school. Try not to break him in too hard.

    Hey Chris, where did you see the post count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallooo, James!! (Sara Martindale or Platypus, depending on who you ask)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome James.

    But how can you doubt the power of the two Coreys and their filmatical legacy?

    What about un film de James Lemmo (cinematographer of Maniac Cop 2, no less), Dream A Little Dream 2, which was about, uh, guys switching bodies or something? Or the automotive teen masterpiece that was License to Drive?

    Surely direct-to-video sequel to Lost Boys will be equally awesome to both of those films?

    (Man, it's so much easier to make fun of bad movies with IMDB.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. post count appears on the dashboard.

    and Lost Boys was awesome in it's way, though for cheesy 80's vampire flicks i think i prefer Near Dark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen Near Dark in ages. I think I rented it in...the early 90s? Late 80s? And I remember liking it, but I don't know how well it'll hold up.

    I definitely count myself as a fan of Lost Boys, though. Actually caught that one in the theater, and even though vampire flicks are a dime a dozen these days, Lost Boys' mix of horror, humor and teen angst was pretty ferociously innovative for its time (and even now). It's also where I learned a life-saving maxim regarding vampires when they die:

    "Some yell and scream, some go quietly, some explode, some implode, but all will try to take you with them."

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I point out that Haim was not one of the Frog brothers, do I get geek points?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dunno, Nate... That might get you "obvious points" instead.
    How could a Frog have been so faggy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eh, the Frog boys were just pitchers. Him was their sole catcher.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Er, Haim was made an "honorary Frog brother" in the extended director's cut of the movie. This was moments before the alternate ending where the vampires and humans make peace due to their shared love of Echo & the Bunnymen.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.