I brought some lights with me and a transformer that allows me to plug in regular plus in my car... the lights blew the transformer immediately upon being plugged in.
The black and whites were lit by car headlight. Thus the low to the ground poses. To be completely honest, they're black and white because the headlights washed out all the color, and I had to go monochrome to hide it.
All the rest of the shots were lit by the yellow lights of the parking garage. Which were quite dim. This cause tons of problems with focus and motion blur due to extremely long exposure times. It wasn't nearly as bright up there in the skyline shots as it appears. The exposure times were around 3 or 4 seconds. I kept 53 images, but I threw away about 150.
Thanks Murphy. I've recently felt like I've broken a plateau and started improving again. All the positive feedback makes it feel like I might be right, lol. Let me know if any of your film projects needs a photographer (set photos, promo photos, packaging cover, whatever). I'd happily work for a credit.
Excellent work. Seriously - that's among the best I've seen from you.
ReplyDeleteDid you have any other light sources you set up - or was it just you, her, and your camera?
I brought some lights with me and a transformer that allows me to plug in regular plus in my car... the lights blew the transformer immediately upon being plugged in.
ReplyDeleteThe black and whites were lit by car headlight. Thus the low to the ground poses. To be completely honest, they're black and white because the headlights washed out all the color, and I had to go monochrome to hide it.
All the rest of the shots were lit by the yellow lights of the parking garage. Which were quite dim. This cause tons of problems with focus and motion blur due to extremely long exposure times. It wasn't nearly as bright up there in the skyline shots as it appears. The exposure times were around 3 or 4 seconds. I kept 53 images, but I threw away about 150.
Thanks Murphy. I've recently felt like I've broken a plateau and started improving again. All the positive feedback makes it feel like I might be right, lol. Let me know if any of your film projects needs a photographer (set photos, promo photos, packaging cover, whatever). I'd happily work for a credit.
And since I haven't seen you in months, I still need to get you a copy of the dvd. Everyone loves the shots of the party.
ReplyDelete