Comments

Speed Racer Trailer



Remember this flick? Super-big-budget. Rated G. Directed by the Wachowski Brothers. Meant to look like a live-action cartoon.

Well, my "Tim Burton's Willy Wonka" alarm is going off a little bit, but it still looks like adrenaline-infused, stupid-fun to me:

Click here. Watch the Hi-Def version if your computer can handle it.

All-star cast reminder:

Speed Racer = some dude
Pops Racer = John Goodman
Mom Racer = Susan Sarandon
Racer X = Matthew Fox
Trixie = Christina Ricci

5 comments:

  1. Oops. Lost me at Wachowski Brothers.

    Pretty, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ever see V, Nate? I wasn't it's biggest fan, but it was a pretty good reminder that the pair could still bring the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never did see V, no. My brother loved it, which is usually a good sign that I'll hate the living fuck out of something. Previous examples include Mission to Mars, Battlefield Earth, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Tomcats, and The New Guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, as someone who was wise enough to avoid every single one of those movies your dumbtard (but lovable!) brother liked, I can tell you that V was pretty solid stuff. They definitely Hollywooded up Moore's graphic novel a bit, but generally in service to making the story's anti-establishment politics more relevant to present day U.S. than 1980's England. Given your love of Bush and all he stands for, I even think you might dig it.

    That said, Speed Racer could well be a bloated disaster. I'm just sayin': the Wachowskis remain on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suppose I should check it out, then.

    Heil Bush!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.